Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Uk having to support East European's again...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
not only are we having to support the ones that come here unwanted but now looks like the we have to support them at home as well!!!!!!

If you ask me its about time we pull out of the EU

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8219344.stm

Comments

• Options
    Well, it's always nice to see the fatally corrupt EU getting yet more of our money. This, after all, is the institution whose audits have not been approved for more than 13 years. If any private company was run in such a way, it would have been shut down and its directors would have been jailed long ago. But because this is the EU, normal rules need not apply. As long as we have sleazeballs like Lord Mandelsnake of Mortgage Fraud and the Kinnocks, (a right pair of cunts who have earnt a fortune out of the EU as well) we're going to be lumbered with it. Politicians aren't going to give up this job creation scheme that easily.

The European Union is ultimately a political piñata that I will never get tired of knocking the shit out of.
  • Options
    i'm not actually trying to detract here but there's loads of gov schemes which are huge waste of money and cost more than that anyway....

like how much they lost so far bailing out natwest bank, or the ID card and it's associated database
  • Options
    Is £260 worth membership of the EU? I think it is.

What else would we do? Trade with the US? We have a relationship that's so "special" that they banned us from exporting cashmere to the US for political reasons, almost destroying the Scottish cashmere industry.
  • Options
    The EFTA is able to trade within the common market without having to be a member of the EU.
  • Options
    So long as ex-pat Britons don't complain when they kicked out of European countries for no longer being allowed to reside and work there... so long as holidaying Britons don't moan for having to apply for visas every time they holiday in Europe... etc etc etc.

It's a two-way street.
  • Options
    I think we probably gain more in terms of increased trade (i.e. European businesses using British financial services instead of continental ones, because we generally have higher expertise), than we lose in any membership fees.

On a more philosophical level though, if it was us in the shitter, wouldn't we be ranting about why the rich countries of the EU were sitting about while we were struggling, whilst we happily give them the benefit of free trade? Just food for thought though.