Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why aren't I welcome?

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh, do fuck off ShyBoy.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    1. Newbie starts thread because they don't feel welcome (for whatever reason)
    2. Some peeps and a mod say of course you're welcome
    3. Some more peeps come into thread about feeling unwelcome, and make them feel more unwelcome (wilfully or not)
    4. Newbie wants to leave

Good going.

It's not up to everyone else though. It's up to her if she wishes to stay or go. Yeah, maybe some people do or don't "like" someone. Who cares? That's life. You get over it and move on.

Noone has been unfair in this thread. Advice has been given. If she wants to ignore it and give attitude in response, then that's fine too, but it's not exactly endearing.

Maybe a helpful mod will close the thread, I think it's lived its purpose.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    1. Newbie starts thread because they don't feel welcome (for whatever reason)
    2. Some peeps and a mod say of course you're welcome
    3. Some more peeps come into thread about feeling unwelcome, and make them feel more unwelcome (wilfully or not)
    4. Newbie wants to leave

Good going.
    *4. Newbie overreacts to advice given and flounces.

Fixed it for you.
    Kermit wrote: »
    Oh, do fuck off ShyBoy.

You know - I was just thinking that, but couldn't be arsed posting it.
    Children children, remember that bit where I said it's sometimes best to say nothing!?

You're drifting towards pot and kettle with crying angel now!
    Right, so when I tell Kermit I don't care what he thinks (which is said in complete honesty) there is an uproar about it. But when Kermit tells someone to fuck of no body cares. God, you are all so narrow minded. So what is Kermit has more posts and is "wise" ? And yeah, so what if I'm acting like a child- it's you that are pushing me to such things. I love thesite, it's great, but some of the users are complete ass holes! Honestly, can't you all just act your age too. You have a go at me for acting mine. So why don't you act yours? Stupid little arguments like this are unnecessary and unliked. I admit, I over reacted, but I am not in the mood AT ALL to deal with any shit like this. Just drop it now, I have had enough.
    Crying-angel
    hey C-A :) dont know you and havent read any of your posts aaanndd im a brand new member :) lol but dont let people get you down in any way at all, the bigger person will take it on the chin and walk away, no matter what age you are. from what people have said, you are a genuine and helpful person so give two fingers to those haters and smile :)
    At least this thread shows theres still people alive on these boards. I thought the boards had died!
    Right, so when I tell Kermit I don't care what he thinks (which is said in complete honesty) there is an uproar about it. But when Kermit tells someone to fuck of no body cares. God, you are all so narrow minded. So what is Kermit has more posts and is "wise" ? And yeah, so what if I'm acting like a child- it's you that are pushing me to such things. I love thesite, it's great, but some of the users are complete ass holes! Honestly, can't you all just act your age too. You have a go at me for acting mine. So why don't you act yours? Stupid little arguments like this are unnecessary and unliked. I admit, I over reacted, but I am not in the mood AT ALL to deal with any shit like this. Just drop it now, I have had enough.
    Crying-angel

I still don't see anybody arguing but you. Calm down. You're STILL overreacting.
    Tr4shed wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought you were 12 too :nervous:

im not 12!
    C-A,

Check out the control panel, you can set it to ignore posts from certain posters if they're winding you up and you're struggling to ignore them once you've read.
    Mist wrote: »
    Maybe a helpful mod will close the thread, I think it's lived its purpose.

I'm closing this now, Crying-angel we do hope you stick around :)
This discussion has been closed.