Home Health & Wellbeing
Chat is taking place on the boards this evening, whilst we fix some gremlins. General chat can be found here, whilst you can head on over here for support chat
Want to discuss Coronavirus/COVID-19? Head to the dedicated subforum .

Pain in throat...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've made an appointment at the doctors but it's not until next Wednesday... If I get an emergancy appointment I'll have to miss work and I get paid hourly so I don't really want to miss any, so just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas what's wrong with me.

I've had a pain in my throat for over a week. It's a bit hard to discribe where it is... It's like to the back of my thoat/tongue on the left and underneath my jaw a bit and that bit under your ear... my mum says it sounds like a gland.
I'm aware of it all the time - but sometimes it's worse than others. It feels sharp. It sometimes gets better for about 5 minutes after I've had a drink of eaten something but then it comes back.

Other than the pain I feel absolutly fine... Maybe a little more tired than usual but that's it.
Dunno if it could be a slight infection or what really... But it's really starting to bug me now. Any ideas?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Might be a gland - I had soreness and swelling in a similar place from a gland when I had a tooth abcess. Paracetamol helped!

Deffo worth a trip to the docs though, could be loads of things! :)
    Any chance it could be wisdom teeth coming through?
    Possible. I did think that... But I'm not sure how that feels. lol

Have even wondered if it's an ear infection... I don't usually know when I've got those.
    Pass... mine didn't hurt at all. :)