Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

iPOd touch went boooooom!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:shocking: Another case of an exploding iPod although can't be arsed with all the screaming to the press. I did get a full refund on the 16GB iPod touch that i recently bought though.

So next question, can anyone reccomend a new PMP that isn't an ipod. As i do quite value my legs and wouldn't want them blown off mid stride as i'm walking to work.

Wi-fi would be a bonus as that was my favourite feature about the touch. Minimum 16GB i think as have a fair bit of stuff to fill it with.

Cheetrs in advance :p

Comments

• Options
    :o what your ipod went boom!

I'd get in touch with apple and tell them your going to tell the press! They're pay you off!!
  • Options
    Creative Zen tbh
  • Options
    Zune, or P2 (P3 when it's released but I don't know if they're doing a 16GB version right away.)
  • Options
    Wait it actually went boom? Heh! Mine is absolutley fine an I've had it since may. I say get another one.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8223005.stm
    French consumer groups are investigating reports of iPhones that explode or crack spontaneously.

An 80-year-old from the Paris suburbs was among eight people who said their phones' screens were affected, according to the AFP news agency.

Consumers in the UK, Holland and Sweden have reported similar problems, prompting an earlier EU investigation.
  • Options
    i'd reccomend a cowon s9. comes in 8/16/32gb configurations, a bit cheaper than the ipod touch and plays ogg/flac/wma/wav/mp3/ape etc and also dixv/xvid/wmv; it has an active matrix organic led screen which is pretty state of the art delivers very very bright and clear graphics, surpasses ipod touch screen for sure. it also has much better battery life, 55 hours on audio playback compared to the ipod touch's up to 30 hours; and finally it sports bluetooth which means you can use bluetooth headphones/speakers with it which is great imo.
  • Options
    Cheers guys thanks for all the advice. Don't think i'm going to get another iPod touch as i didn't think the sound was amazing on it to be honest. I've had a 20€ MP3 player in the past that was louder than the iPod touch, so it's a blessing in disguise i think that it did explode.