Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How long to charge new phone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've just bought a new phone (LG KS360) and don't know how long to charge it for the first charge?

The bloke in the shop never told me. My hubby seems to think 24 hours but that sounds rediculous to me, I thought that the days of having to charge your new phones for ages were gone with the introduction of new lithium type batteries? I've googled this and there are loads of sites all saying different things.

I'm really keen to set the phone up tonight and start using it tomorrow. I put it on charge at approx 2pm.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    About 4/5 hours I got told. (I think)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    It'll say in your instructions! Its normally a bit beyond once the phone says full.

Apparantely for the first few times its usually best to let the phone fill up then empty completely before recharging again, gives the battery better long term performance and life.
  • Options
    The manual isn't very good, it's really slim and it just shows you how to charge it and says you need to charge it until the screen shows 'fully charged', but it makes no mention of the first charge. It's saying the battery is full now after 2 hours.