Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Confused about my girlfriend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been going out with my girlfriend for almost 2 years. Up until last week things had been going great. We both work in the same place, as does my father, and on Wednesday my parents invited her round for dinner with another girl from work whose parents they also know. The 3 of us ended up going into town, and my girlfriend asked me to go back to our workmate's house for a few more drinks. I declined as I was working the next day, but she kept asking and eventually stormed off when I kept saying no. I then raised my voice at her, and I seemed uninterested when she left. I then texted her to say she was being childish.

The next day, I put this all down to having too much to drink and tried to get in touch with her. She told me she didn't want to speak to me, so again I said she was being childish and I just wanted to sort things out. I sent her a text on Thursday saying please get in touch and let us smooth things over, but she didn't reply and
I haven't heard anything from her since. We haven't really argued recently but she had said the day before all this happened that she felt like I wasn't interested in her as I hadn't phoned her for a few days. This was not intentional on my part, I didn't mean for her to feel like that as it is not true.

This is really difficult as we work together. I now don't know what to do, should I get in touch with her again or let her make the next move? The difficult thing is, she's going on holiday on Monday with her friends for 2 weeks, if we haven't spoken by then I really won't know what to do.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In my opinion, she was being very selfish and childish. I don't know what your relationship is like from her point of view, but as for you not contacting her for a few days I can understand where she's coming from but even then it's still a bit OTT.

Just keep txting her/phoning her tonight and see what she says and if she doesn't get in contact then it's her loss and she's just showing how foolish she is.
    Due to the urgency of the holiday, I'd be inclined, rightly or wrongly, to apologise. At least the power has shifted her way and she'll feel more confident about seeing you again. Should this be enough to initiate contact, be constructive but most importantly of all, tell her you both love her and miss her.
    She will probably have not reacted very well at all to being called childish, it will have put her on the defensive majorly and therefore she will not be thinking logically.

What it would be best for you to do is to use less confrontational language. Make it more about how you feel than what's she's done or not done.