Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

X Factor 2009

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well well! I think Danyl stole the show...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :yes:

I think he has a really good chance of wining, and i love his eyes!

I don't understand why that Emma girl went back though!

Me and my hubby usually select one person who we think will win, he beat me last night by chosing him.
    i looove x factor and the auditions are my favourite bit but i dont think im gonna bother watching this year, i HATE how they've changed it. seems like they've gone more britains got talent with them doing the audition infront of a audience and i find it really annoying when the audience cheer or jeer and you cant hear what the judges are saying properly, save that for the live shows! i also used to like listening to peoples 'natural' voices, with no backing track but now they sing along to a tune.

i sound like such an x factor geek but i dont care im disappointed :p
    i looove x factor and the auditions are my favourite bit but i dont think im gonna bother watching this year, i HATE how they've changed it. seems like they've gone more britains got talent with them doing the audition infront of a audience and i find it really annoying when the audience cheer or jeer and you cant hear what the judges are saying properly, save that for the live shows! i also used to like listening to peoples 'natural' voices, with no backing track but now they sing along to a tune.

i sound like such an x factor geek but i dont care im disappointed :p

I agree with most of this. I use to love how their family/friends would wait outside in anticipation and they would run out screaming that they had got through, now they all stand backstage and watch the audition on screen, so they know at the same time as the person whether they have got through or not. That's disappointing to me.
    Yeah, the new format is shit. The fella in the OP? I don't have a clue how good he is. I couldn't hear him over the choir ffs. I started watching it near the end, and I didn't bother watching the Sky+ed stuff I'd missed.
    I don't mind it. It works with BGT and they get singers on there so I don't see why it can't work on x factor. Also it gives people a better idea of a live audiance.
    Well I think BGT's shit too, so there you go.
    Guess you won't be watching it then...
    Well I think BGT's shit too, so there you go.

me too i hate BGT :| but i used to love x factor but now its going the same way. booo.
    I loved BGT, but i loved the one where George Sampson won.

But back to X factor, Danyl was AMAZING, i can see him winning the whole thing :) :yes:
    But back to X factor, Danyl was AMAZING, i can see him winning the whole thing :) :yes:
    He seems like a genuine guy, which goes a long way in my opinion.
    Danyllllll

I just hope it wasn't a fluke
    that girl, stacey or shelly, the one with the little boy was pretty amazing aswell :)
    JackWild wrote: »
    Danyllllll

I just hope it wasn't a fluke
    that girl, stacey or shelly, the one with the little boy was pretty amazing aswell :)

Hope they haven't peaked too soon.
    I'm still undecided. I don't think I like the new format. It seemed rushed compared to before, and there was a lack of intimacy to the performances which meant that the funny ones just.. weren't as funny.

That said, it will bring different people into the live shows. The guy who wowed it at the end of the show probably wouldn't have made it in the old format, because his key point was playing to the crowd and responding. In the same way, people with subtler talent will probably be overlooked this year.
    I've not made my mind up about Danyl. Sure good voice but just wondering if in the end he might go a bit OTT when infront of a crowd. Sometimes a bit too much entertaining is annoying.
    p.s, i thought he had scary eyes :blush:
    Carolina wrote: »
    I've not made my mind up about Danyl. Sure good voice but just wondering if in the end he might go a bit OTT when infront of a crowd. Sometimes a bit too much entertaining is annoying.
    p.s, i thought he had scary eyes :blush:

I was thinking that, I think he could easily go down the too fake / cheesy route which I really hope he doesn't!

I love his eyes haha
    I was thinking that, I think he could easily go down the too fake / cheesy route which I really hope he doesn't!

I love his eyes haha
    Or maybe he'll be the next Robbie Williams??
    I'm just biased, i don't hold out much hope for any X Factor winner, maybe this is based on hearing Alexandra Burke's new crap single :yeees:
    Have you ever noticed how the runner up always does better than the winner? For a while anyway..
    I'm just biased, i don't hold out much hope for any X Factor winner, maybe this is based on hearing Alexandra Burke's new crap single :yeees:

i heard that...tis not good!
    Smartie wrote: »
    Have you ever noticed how the runner up always does better than the winner? For a while anyway..

Ive heard. I never really liked her anyway, she shouldnt have won.
    Smartie wrote: »
    Ive heard. I never really liked her anyway, she shouldnt have won.

I thought she was ok, but she does seem to be a clone of Leona Lewis.
    I thought she was ok, but she does seem to be a clone of Leona Lewis.

Mmm, thats what i thought. Leona Lewis is alright though, she's done really well for herself i think :)
    Suppose you can't really blame the singer as they're just a small cog in a big money making machine. Blame the people who pick the shite songs for them (or if the singer is allowed to pick the song blame them :D )