Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Back from the shadows again, to pick your brains!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Haha, yup, the stranger from the past is back again, because I need some advice, and while frantically Google-ing I thought of this place!

Basically, I'm off to a christening, and am also helping plan it.... however, due to some time restrictions, it was booked yesterday for 3 weeks time....

I've been OK planning the actual day, but I've been sat here just, and realised I've forgotten two vital planning pieces of my own....

First off - what to buy for him? I've been ebaying, and there's a few nice ideas but I'm not sure whats appropriate... especially as I've got to buy from me and my boyfriend (he's one of the godfathers, and I'm the godmother)

Second - what the hell am I supposed to wear?! I genuinely have no idea where to begin with this one!

Any tips?
XX

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It depends on so many things; what's the parents' religious background? Is it a service in itself or a small part of a regular service?

Either way, clothes wise, I would go for a smart-ish outfit. The sort of thing that you feel relaxed in but wouldn't raise any eyebrows at work. (If it's a Catholic or Orthodox service there may be a dress code, you should check.)
    piccolo wrote: »
    Either way, clothes wise, I would go for a smart-ish outfit. The sort of thing that you feel relaxed in but wouldn't raise any eyebrows at work. (If it's a Catholic or Orthodox service there may be a dress code, you should check.)

I did some photography for a christening in a Catholic church a few months ago, the guys wore suits and the women dresses of varying sorts. Smart, but not wedding smart if that makes sense.

I don't recall any of the women adhering to any particular catholic dress code though, ie covered heads e.t.c.
    piccolo wrote: »
    It depends on so many things; what's the parents' religious background? Is it a service in itself or a small part of a regular service?

They're CofE, and its a service in itself as far as I've been made aware.

Work wise, I wear a uniform, so don't really own anything "work-smart" - I am more than likely going to have to buy something...
    A friend suggested a light coloured dress of some sort but I'd have no ideas what was appropriate on that front either haha!
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I don't recall any of the women adhering to any particular catholic dress code though, ie covered heads e.t.c.
    I've just been told to cover shoulders and knees in Catholic churches before, that's all.