Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Need a girls advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been on 2 dating sites for the past few months. And I have the following as my profile. I would like to know if any of you think I'm giving too much information away about me.

How can I word it better?
Would it make you want to get to know me, or not?

Thanks

"Hi David here

I guess I'm on here because I can't find the right girl offline. Ok, I find it difficult in speaking to women face-to-face, only because I'm shy. Its not my fault, its just the way I am. If you are still interested, then please read on.....

I used to go to Greenhead in Utley. I stayed in 6th Form to study GNVQ Science. I then went to college and studied an NVQ in Admin, which I shouldn't have took because I haven't needed it since. I then did a City & Guilds course in Webpage Design, but didn't finish it because I got offered a job at Skipton Pine Factory where we were all made reduntant. Then I got a job at the most crappiest Chocolate Factory in Skipton and I have worked there for 7 years now. I'm looking for something else.

I'm genuine, trustworthy, reliable, caring and kind. I never lie.

I have a wide range of music which I enjoy, my favourites are; Miley Cyrus, Hayden Panettiere (yep she's a singer as well as an actress!!), Shinedown, Ashley Tisdale, Nickleback, DJ Sammy, Sash!, Ultrabeat and Neuroticfish.
I have a wide range of films which I like, these are LOTR, I am Legend, Transformers, Braveheart, Eagle Eye, Flyboys, The Notebook, Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor. I enjoy movies which are related to war and aircraft. I also like chick-flicks and animated movies such as Monsters Inc. I seem to go all mushy when there's a sad part in a movie such as 'The Notebook' lol.

I enjoy cycling (trying to do more of this!!), fishing, fly tying and driving. I love walking in the Yorkshire Dales when I can, I would go walking more if I had some company :)
I'm also just started to have an interest in Google Sketchup.

I am in full time employment, but I'm looking for training in Dreamweaver so that I can do Webpage Design. If anyone knows of good training sites, then please let me know :)

I'm looking for a someone who is genuine, caring, isn't boring, has a gsoh and is out going. I want to talk to someone who is able to spell/uses correct grammar!!

If you think you would like to know more about me, then please don't be shy and send me a message."

Comments

• Options
    The 1st and 2nd paragraphs seem very negative. Maybe you should be more positive with what you say. Does their grammar have to be so perfect or do you just want them to talk sense?
  • Options
    Thanks. Deleted the 1st and 2nd paragraphs and the bit about the spelling/grammar
  • Options
    I guess I'm on here because I can't find the right girl offline. Ok, I find it difficult in speaking to women face-to-face, only because I'm shy. Its not my fault, its just the way I am. If you are still interested, then please read on.....

Don't like this it sounds really negative.

This sounds better to me....

Am looking for that special someone, i am quite shy in person until i get to know someone.

I'm genuine, trustworthy, reliable, caring and kind and seek the same.

I enjoy a wide range of music, my favourites are; Miley Cyrus, Hayden Panettiere (yep she's a singer as well as an actress!!), Shinedown, Ashley Tisdale, Nickleback, DJ Sammy, Sash!, Ultrabeat and Neuroticfish.

I have a wide range of films which I like, these are LOTR, I am Legend, Transformers, Braveheart, Eagle Eye, Flyboys, The Notebook, Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor. I enjoy movies which are related to war and aircraft. I also like chick-flicks and animated movies such as Monsters Inc. I seem to go all mushy when there's a sad part in a movie such as 'The Notebook' lol.

I enjoy cycling (trying to do more of this!!), fishing, fly tying and driving. I love walking in the Yorkshire Dales when I can, I would go walking more if I had some company

I am in full time employment, but I'm looking for training in Dreamweaver so that I can do Webpage Design. If anyone knows of good training sites, then please let me know

If you think you would like to know more about me, then please don't be shy and send me a message."

I took this bit out....
    I'm looking for a someone who is genuine, caring, isn't boring, has a gsoh and is out going. I want to talk to someone who is able to spell/uses correct grammar!!

as i really don't like it. Is it really THAT important if someone gets a few bits wrong?
  • Options
    yeah without the second paragraph i think its good :)
  • Options
    If anyone knows of good training sites, then please let me know :)
    I'm not sure if you're genuinely seeking help here or just trying to attract people with similar interests? If it's the former, I'd say leave it out.
  • Options

"Hi David here

I used to go to Greenhead in Utley. I stayed in 6th Form to study GNVQ Science. I then went to college and studied an NVQ in Admin, which I shouldn't have took because I haven't needed it since. I then did a City & Guilds course in Webpage Design, but didn't finish it because I got offered a job at Skipton Pine Factory where we were all made reduntant. Then I got a job at the most crappiest Chocolate Factory in Skipton and I have worked there for 7 years now. I'm looking for something else.

I'm genuine, trustworthy, reliable, caring and kind. I never lie.

I have a wide range of music which I enjoy, my favourites are; Miley Cyrus, Hayden Panettiere (yep she's a singer as well as an actress!!), Shinedown, Ashley Tisdale, Nickleback, DJ Sammy, Sash!, Ultrabeat and Neuroticfish.

I enjoy cycling (trying to do more of this!!), fishing, fly tying and driving. I love walking in the Yorkshire Dales when I can, I would go walking more if I had some company :)

I am in full time employment, but I'm looking for training in Dreamweaver so that I can do Webpage Design. If anyone knows of good training sites, then please let me know :)

Sorry to sound a bit harsh mate, but is this for a dating website, or a job interview?

If I was reading something about someone, I wouldn't immediately want to know that they had a City & Guilds in this, or an NVQ in that - this is all stuff you can tell people if they ask. I know we like people who use correct grammar etc, but is it really that important to specify this? And asking people for Dreamweaver course info...not really selling yourself there mate.

And stuff like fly tying and google sketchup? Firstly, are most people going to know what these are? And secondly, although they are your interests, I highly doubt people are immediately going to want to know this info.

You seem to have told people everything about you - which means that when someone does contact you, you have limited stuff people can ask you!

See what you think to this:

"Hi David here

I guess I'm on here, like everyone else, to find that special someone. (Aren't we all looking for our one true other?).

At the moment, i have the worst job ever, working in a Chocolate Factory, so if you're a lady who likes chocolates, then I'm your man! I am actually looking for a new job though and have a real desire to work in XXXXXXX (insert job here).

I'm an honest guy and enjoy a wide variety of music from Miley Cyrus to Nickleback.
    I also enjoy films, both watching them at the cinema and having film nights with friends. I enjoy films such as I am Legend, Transformers, Braveheart, Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor. Although I'm your typical bloke when it comes to films, I also like chick-flicks and animated movies such as Monsters Inc.

I enjoy cycling (definately trying to do more of this!!), fishing and driving. I love walking in the countryside, particularly the Yorkshire Dales.

I'm looking for a someone who is genuine, caring, fun to be around and knows how to have fun!!

If you think you would like to know more about me, then why not drop me a message."
  • Options
    Thanks for your input on my 'problem' everyone.

I've used the 'profile' you retyped FCUK IT if you don't mind!!!??
  • Options
    Dating Sites

Hi

Can I just ask what dating sites you have joined, because I am on some sites as well and am having the same problems as yourself as well as finding it hard to write a paragraph about yourself ?

Thanks
  • Options
    MrShyDrops

PM sent
  • Options
    I was only enquring on what dating sites you have tried ......

Didn't mean it in a bad way....
  • Options
    Nah mate, course not.

BTW, i've heard of one that apparently your friend writes your 'bit' for you, therefore meaning you don't have to do that bit for yourself - sort of recommend something.

Just googled it and it's by Sarah Beeny - property MILF www.mysinglefriend.com

Let us know how you get on with your new description!!!:thumb:
  • Options
    MySingleFriend, I have already tried that one along with a lot of others, there are plenty of dating sites that say its free, but when you join you have to pay a subscription fee.
    Dating Sites will end up costing you a fortune.

Try the following which are completely free.

http://www.smooch.com/
    http://www.plentyoffish.com/
  • Options
    MrShyDrops wrote: »
    I was only enquring on what dating sites you have tried ......

Didn't mean it in a bad way....

I don't know what you mean by this. I only pm'ed you what I use!

I'm already on plentyoffish.

Is MySingleFriend completely free?

I got bored with smooch.
  • Options
    my favorites are Miley Cyrus,

I would defe after hearing that dump off my computer,up onto a building and shoot myself!:chin: :crazyeyes

:thumb:
  • Options
    I would defe after hearing that dump off my computer,up onto a building and shoot myself!:chin: :crazyeyes

I've changed it to Ashley Tisdale.
  • Options
    I've changed it to Ashley Tisdale.

The one who got a nose job?:hyper: :flirt: :o :thumb: :yeees: :angel:
  • Options
    The one who got a nose job?:hyper: :flirt: :o :thumb: :yeees: :angel:

So?
  • Options
    Just got a message of a lass on one of the sites, who says I'm handsome and fit lol
  • Options
  • Options
    The sad thing is that she lives MILES away. :(
  • Options
    How far is MILES away?
  • Options
    I enjoy cycling (trying to do more of this!!), fishing, fly tying and driving.

What is says on the tin.

She lives miles away, you enjoy driving.

Perfect match no?:thumb:

Get in there man.

P.S. was this after you changed your ad to what I wrote?
  • Options
  • Options
    silly board!
  • Options
    FCUK it wrote: »
    What is says on the tin.

She lives miles away, you enjoy driving.

Perfect match no?:thumb:

Get in there man.

P.S. was this after you changed your ad to what I wrote?

Perfect match? No

I'm from bradford and she's from wirral on the west coast.
  • Options
    Just an update.

I'm talking to lass from one of the websites I'm on.

We both exchanged email addresses. She sent me a message saying nearly the exact same thing which is on her profile. Should I be worried?

She's 20rys old.
  • Options
    nah, when you think about it she has to tell you about herself and most of that will be on her page anyway, so maybe she added a little more?
  • Options
    No she didn't.

Got a reply today and she wants me to join a stupid website!!!!

F*cking annoying is that!!!!
  • Options
    is it a dodgy website?
  • Options
    No she didn't.

Got a reply today and she wants me to join a stupid website!!!!

F*cking annoying is that!!!!

Spam!