Home Health & Wellbeing
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Otally Disgusting Random Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok... so how long should it take to properly digest food?

I had an indian takeaway tonight and about an hour later some...ahem...fairly loose bowel functions:blush:

ew, I know. Does this mean i havent properly absorbed the food? Just wanna know if i should feel guilty about the calories or not :P

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I find that if I have a pasta dish with a grated cheese topping, the whole thing will exit me within half an hour, like as if the meal never gets processed. When I asked the question on TheSite a couple of months back, it was suggested that it could be an allergy. The thing it, it never started happening until about a year ago, then like the flick of a light switch...

Sorry I couldn't answer more relevant, but just to throw an alergy idea to you as a suggestion.

We'll see what other posters say :-)
    Food associated illness is also a possibility.
    I hear that happening a lot. I don't know why the boyfriend and his friends like to talk about bowel movements but having dinner go right through you doesn't seem all that uncommon as I've heard a million conversations about it. Especially if it was greasy or spicy for some reason.