Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Should I date him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I have just started a new job and theres a guy there who has made it really obvious he likes me. He hasn't actually said it straight but with subtle hints and compliments. He says things like 'I wonder if I will be married and have kids by im ... (age)' to me. Invites me to his and has been to mine a few times. He asks if I would like to go to places with him and texts and talks on MSN regualry.

I really like him as a friend, hes kind and caring. Something is telling me to give it a go, however he is not the most socialable person, he kinds of works constantly, however he does sometimes go out with his male friends. However, on the other hand a lady in his life could change this?

What do you think, as if it doesn't work, we work together?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you really like him and maybe a bit more than a friend I would advice to go for it. There's not much to lose and you never know what comes out of such an adventure. I am sure he will take his time for you, when you are together.

If you don't plan to have anything going with him you should carefully break it to him, in my opinion. It sucks if you are working on a hopeless cause and nobody's telling you it's futile.

good luck.
    Hi, I have just started a new job and theres a guy there who has made it really obvious he likes me. He hasn't actually said it straight but with subtle hints and compliments. He says things like 'I wonder if I will be married and have kids by im ... (age)' to me. Invites me to his and has been to mine a few times. He asks if I would like to go to places with him and texts and talks on MSN regualry.

I really like him as a friend, hes kind and caring. Something is telling me to give it a go, however he is not the most socialable person, he kinds of works constantly, however he does sometimes go out with his male friends. However, on the other hand a lady in his life could change this?

What do you think, as if it doesn't work, we work together?!

go for it remember to use a condom!
    Whoa slow down there, dont think theres any need to mention (as good advice as it is), the use of condoms when they havnt even got anywhere yet :P
    Give it a chance, if somethings telling you to give it a go then that doesnt mean no you shouldnt :p

you never know where it will lead :D
    you sound a lot like this girl i like.

in the hope that what comes around goes around, i say absolutely go for it :D *crosses fingers*
    I wouldn't date anyone I work with personally and it's a new job as well.