Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

19 year old denied liver transplant after weekend binge

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Update : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8220301.stm

Sounds like the little sod should go without that liver now. Give it to someone that really wants to live.
    Teagan wrote: »

Sounds like the little sod should go without that liver now. Give it to someone that really wants to live.

What was he thinking at all?! Is he really that stupid to go to a pub when he needs a new liver!
    Teagan wrote: »

I think if I did something so stupid my dad would tell them not to bother giving me a liver.
    I think if I did something so stupid my dad would tell them not to bother giving me a liver.

If I had a child, I'd say the same.
    Methinks there's something we don't know here, that we aren't getting the full story.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Methinks there's something we don't know here, that we aren't getting the full story.

Of course we aren't. Nobody but an alcoholic gets up out of their hospital bed to goto the pub.
    I'm sure Gordon Brown must be to blame somehow.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Of course we aren't. Nobody but an alcoholic gets up out of their hospital bed to goto the pub.

That was my thought too.
    I think it's tragic that a 19-year-old has alcohol dependency problems, but it confirms my suspicions. It's awful that it will probably kill him. Poor parents.

I wouldn't walk away from my child like other people have said. I'd fight for that liver.
    Aladdin wrote: »

Niño sarcástico! ;):p
    I think Broon is to blame. If he had any decency he'd top himself for what he's done to this country, and then there'd be a liver going spare.
    Kermit wrote: »
    I think Broon is to blame. If he had any decency he'd top himself for what he's done to this country, and then there'd be a liver going spare.
    :D
    That'd be an awful decision to make though, wouldn't it? Die, or continue living with a bit of Gordon Brown in your body.

What would Stargalaxy do?
    Kermit wrote: »
    What would Stargalaxy do?
    Cool name for a band.
    I'm sure he'll find time in his busy schedule - when doing everything possible to avoid stating anything that could be construed as an opinion on the Lockerbie bomber - to comment on this story.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I'm sure he'll find time in his busy schedule - when doing everything possible to avoid stating anything that could be construed as an opinion on the Lockerbie bomber - to comment on this story.
    You're not serious are you? :D

I mean, it' be nice for the PM to comment on many of the issues that the country faces every day and all that, but you're not seriously trying somehow to attach some blame or give any stick to Brown for this are you? :D
    I mean, it' be nice for the PM to comment on many of the issues that the country faces every day and all that, but you're not seriously trying somehow to attach some blame or give any stick to Brown for this are you? :D
    I'm pointing out Brown's usually happy to spend his time talking about almost every issue under the sun. For some reason, he insists on telling us his opinion on absolutely everything to anyone within three million yards. He was very keen to tell us how concerned he was about Susan Boyle, and now he wants to invite the England cricket team over to No 10 so he can bask in their reflected glory. There was also him last week lying about how much he loves the NHS. Yes, he loves it so much he got his teeth whitenened privately, the hypocritical toad.

As much as it's nice beating up the piñata that is Gordon Brown, not even I can blame him for everything.
    Why is SG so bothered about brown not giving an opinion that SG likely wouldnt give a toss about anyway? :P
    MrG wrote: »
    Why is SG so bothered about brown not giving an opinion that SG likely wouldnt give a toss about anyway? :P

Because no doubt it'll prove some point he'll be trying to make in 6 months time.......:lol:
    SG is surprised that Gordon Brown doesn't have an opinion on this, or the release of the Lockerbie bomber, given that the hypocritical Scottish toad has an opinion on everything else that has nothing to do with him.

Of course Broon doesn't have an opinion on Lockerbie, he released the bomber. That's why Biggs got let out the week before after Straw said he wouldn't be.