Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cats anyone?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
*sigh*

Don't know what's brought on this thought now since I've actually had a fantabulous day, but...

I can envision myself 30 years from now living alone in an attic flat with lots of cats... Or perhaps a larger flat, since I can see myself having a decent career. The point is, it's always me alone. And the cats, of course. I say this to my friends quite often, and they probably think I'm joking (can't blame them, as I usually laugh about it), which I'm usually not. Sometimes I'm feeling optimistic, but most of the time, it's just me and my cats.

I think I need to go to bed. :(
xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *scared*
    In situations like this you need to remember that there is always someone worse off than you: I'm allergic to cats :eek:
    You should talk to Kaz about this. She's practicing the wild hair and scaring off children parts of the image. :p

*hides*
    I would like to live on my own with lots of pets.
    Scarlett, I've met you remember and I cannot for one moment believe that you'll ever be one bit more lonely than you choose to be.

You have looks, brains and charm, so don't allow a bit of a downer to lead you to speculations that are unrealistic, okay?
    Get a garden flat instead of an attic one - then it won't smell so bad.
    Then join a night class - or a cat appreciation group! - and you'll have plenty of friends around.

Mind you - if you are imagining yourself as a very old lady it is likely that you will lose your partner later in life as women tend to die later than men so it's nothing freaky!
    hmmmmm, with me its always alsatians, Bridget Jones style. In fact I am disturbingly likely to become her. o god.