Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A much older man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, it might be too soon to talk about this, but i'd like to mention it incase it does happen, as it could do eventually. I like this man who is 19 years older than me, and i really want to be with him, but the thing is, he doesn't know that i'm a virgin.He was also in a relationship with someone for 8 years, and was with a couple of other people quite long term before her, and i'm worried that he will compare me to his exes, especially his most recent ex. I know some of you may think that it would be better for me to lose my virginity to someone my own age who also hasn't had much experience, but i really like this guy alot. We talk on msn and he keeps flirting with me in a sexual way saying he wants to be " naughty " with me, and says that some day we will . I don't think he is after just sex though, as he hs told his friends about how much he likes me, they told me what he has said to them,and he does talk about other things with me, such as music films, places we've been to, family ,friends, e.t.c, and i do know that people can mention being " naughty " even with someone they want to be with, and not just with someone they only want for sex. When we have met up so far, he has winked at me afew times, once he was stood next to me with his arm around me and was stroking my hair, i was sat next to him once and he stood up to walk past me and stroked my leg and held my hand as he got up to walk past me.And he has bought me a drink a couple of times, stood near me when i have been talking to other people, and we've kissed a couple of times,e.t.c. I do flirt back with him as obviously i like him, but i'm not sure how he'd react if i told him i don't have much sexual experience.

Comments

• Options
    Ok, it might be too soon to talk about this, but i'd like to mention it incase it does happen, as it could do eventually. I like this man who is 19 years older than me, and i really want to be with him, but the thing is, he doesn't know that i'm a virgin.He was also in a relationship with someone for 8 years, and was with a couple of other people quite long term before her, and i'm worried that he will compare me to his exes, especially his most recent ex. I know some of you may think that it would be better for me to lose my virginity to someone my own age who also hasn't had much experience, but i really like this guy alot. We talk on msn and he keeps flirting with me in a sexual way saying he wants to be " naughty " with me, and says that some day we will . I don't think he is after just sex though, as he hs told his friends about how much he likes me, they told me what he has said to them,and he does talk about other things with me, such as music films, places we've been to, family ,friends, e.t.c, and i do know that people can mention being " naughty " even with someone they want to be with, and not just with someone they only want for sex. When we have met up so far, he has winked at me afew times, once he was stood next to me with his arm around me and was stroking my hair, i was sat next to him once and he stood up to walk past me and stroked my leg and held my hand as he got up to walk past me.And he has bought me a drink a couple of times, stood near me when i have been talking to other people, and we've kissed a couple of times,e.t.c. I do flirt back with him as obviously i like him, but i'm not sure how he'd react if i told him i don't have much sexual experience.

First question.

How old are you?
  • Options
    I'm hoping you are at least sixteen.

From my experience, older men with relationships under their belt aren't put off if their younger lover is a virgin. In fact, I think any man worth his salt would feel very special and flattered that he is their first.

Good sex is not about how experienced you are, it's whether you "fit" together.

Providing you are 18 or over, you can find friendly, non-judgmental advice and support on age-gap relationships at http://www.mindtheagegap.com . It's a community of people in age-gap relationships.
  • Options
    I'm 25, so obviously he is 44. I don't mind about the age gap in general, but the sexual side of things does concern me abit. Thanks for sending me the link to the website about age gap relationships too. I'll have a look at it.
  • Options
    HunnyPot wrote: »
    From my experience, older men with relationships under their belt aren't put off if their younger lover is a virgin. In fact, I think any man worth his salt would feel very special and flattered that he is their first.

Good sex is not about how experienced you are, it's whether you "fit" together.

:yes:
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    First question.

How old are you?

haha, I didn't read the op but scanned it over with my eyes to find some kind of numbers in this post (to see if this is her, mentioning her age), alas didn't find anything and came to ask the same question.
  • Options
    I also wanted to ask, do you think it's offensive that he mentioned being " naughty ", or is that just something guys usually say ?. The guys i've been with so far have been around my age, and also didn't have much sexual experience, and they never used the term " naughty ".And what do you think of his behaviour towards me in general ?.
  • Options
    I also wanted to ask, do you think it's offensive that he mentioned being " naughty ", or is that just something guys usually say ?. The guys i've been with so far have been around my age, and also didn't have much sexual experience, and they never used the term " naughty ".And what do you think of his behaviour towards me in general ?.

To be honest from what you said it sounds like at the moment he likes you but perhaps only in a sexual way, but it also sounds like he has got respect for you. I might have heard a bloke mention being "naughty" once or twice. It's probably something to do with where he's from or people he hangs around with. I wouldn't worry too much about what lingo he uses.

But personally, if it was me, I would wait for him to start spending more time with me and to spell out that he wants a relationship with me before going down the sexual route.
  • Options
    He wants me to go to his house soon.I want to go because i like him, but i'm worried that he'll try it on, and i'm not sure what to say to him.Obviously i'd like to tell him that i don't want to rush into anything, but since he is so experienced,it's hard for me to say that to him. I'm not sure if there's a reason behind him wanting me to go to his house, but i know he doesn't go out much anyway, and he did mention watching films too.I've been to his house once before, and he even put on some c.ds of music that i like, but he didn't try anything on with me then.However that was before he started talking in a sexual way. I've seen him when we've been out together in a group afew times too, but we haven't been out for quite a while.Lately, for instance, as well as using the term " naughty ", he has said " do you want to come with me ? " whenever he has said he is going to bed, and he said it once when he was going to have a bath. I jsut hope he is interested in me properly and not just in a sexual way. He did say that he would come and meet me at the train station if i go to his, or if i got a taxi there, he would pay for my taxi, and once he said he would meet me at the bus stop if i got the bus there. I can't drive so they are the only ways i can get there.He can drive and he gave me a lift to his house alst time, but he doesn't have his car at the moment, so you could be right, he could have some respect for me.Also, when i first met him, he had only recently broke up with his ex girlfriend, and he told his friends that he liked me, but he didn't want to hurt me.He had been in quite a long term relationship with her, so i could understand him saying that. I met him just afew months after he broke up with his ex. We've known each other for just over a year now.

I've been worried about him comparing me to his ex too, not just sexually, but in general.Probably because he was with her for a long time .
  • Options
    I'd probably advise caution and to tread carefully until you can work out exactly what he wants e.g. dating, casual sex etc.
    Why not try and suggest going out for drinks and a meal together? On a proper "date" and just see what he says. If he's willing to go then great you two get to spend some time together.
    If he says no or steers you back onto going to his house then i'd be slightly dubious.
    If people want to date you properly they'll be happy to go out and about with you. Just be careful as if you've not got a lot of experience i'd hate for you to rush in and get used. Although sorry, don't mean to sound patronising :blush:
    I have no problems with age gaps, if there's a chemistry there then it shouldn't matter.
  • Options
    He has just said that he could get me a taxi home OR i could stay over.Now i'm abit concerned that he mentioned staying over. He wants me to go this weekend.
  • Options
    He has just said that he could get me a taxi home OR i could stay over.Now i'm abit concerned that he mentioned staying over. He wants me to go this weekend.

Is it a long way? You still do have the option of the taxi. It just depends in your own confidence in how you may deal with the situation, and how much you trust him. Remember, "No" is still a solid answer.
  • Options
    That's a toughie.

On the one hand, you might have a really good time and hit it off, on the other, you might end up doing something you could regret.

If you feel totally comfortable with being at his house and think you can trust him, I would go but I would make sure the taxi is booked beforehand just in case, then if you decide you can stay over, you can ring up the taxi company and politely cancel.

If you feel a little unsure, it might be wise to get to know him a little better before going round his.

I think Carolina put it really well :)
  • Options
    Ok, well i think this is good news. We talking on msn again before and i told him i wanted to tell him something but i wasn't sure how to say it, and he asked me to tell him what it was. At first i said i was just thinking about when he asked me to stop over at his house, and he said ok.I was hesitant about telling him why and i said sorry i guess you dont want to bother and he said did i say that ?. Then he said it would be better if we met up around town afew times to see how it goes !. Just like you said, Carolina !.I hope he sticks to his word. He said it wouldn't be this weekend though as he has to work from very early in the morning until early in the afternoon.He doesn't always work at the weekend, he does different shifts each week. I was abit concerned as i thought he was only saying he didn't want to see me this weekend as he had changed his mind because of what i said, but since he said he will meet me in town another time, i think everything will be ok ?.

I then told him the rest, by saying that i do like him, and i agreed with what he said about meeting in town, and i don't mind going to his house at some point but i just don't want to rush into anything.What i meant by that was just rushing into the sexual side, i hope he didn't think i meant rushing into a relationship, as i would like a relationship with him. He might have guessed from me saying that that i haven't had much experience sexually before, even though i didn't actually come right out and say it,who knows.He said it was ok and asked me not to worry, and that we'd arrange another time when we get to know each other better.

To answer your question, g_angel, it is quite along way, yes.We live in the same town, but different parts of it, it's quite a big area, so i would need some kind of transportation to get to his house.

Thanks for your help everyone, i really appreciate it, and it's great to have your support :)
  • Options
    I've decided for the moment that i don't want to see him or speak to him.I'm getting kind of fed up with it. Somehow i doubt he will go out somewhere anyway.
  • Options
    /e doop dee doo