Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Should I go to see a show on my own ?.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi.This might not sound like a big deal, but i was supposed to be going to see a show in Liverpool next week, but the person i was going to go with originally can't make it now, and i'm struggling to find someone else to go with, since it's such short notice, so do you think i should go to the show on my own ?. I know some people who are already going to it, as we have kept intouch online, but i may still have to sit on my own during the show, and just meet them afterwards. I have also met a couple of the cast members before, and i was going to have a drink with them and the people i have spoke to online after the show. One of the people i have kept intouch with is a parent of one of the cast members. The cast members are all around my age , i'm in my twenties. Do you think they'll think i'm sad going there on my own ?. I just don't see why i should have to miss out on it.I could wait and see if i have another opportunity to see it, but i know it's only on for a couple more months, and it isn't in any more areas near to whre i live after next week, although the show may be on again next year, but it's not definate yet. I have seen the show once before, but it's so good that i'd love to see it again. just to let you know, i'm not used to going out alone, although once, i did go to London on my own to see my favourite band, but i met up with some of the fans while i was there.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hi.This might not sound like a big deal, but i was supposed to be going to see a show in Liverpool next week, but the person i was going to go with originally can't make it now, and i'm struggling to find someone else to go with, since it's such short notice, so do you think i should go to the show on my own ?. I know some people who are already going to it, as we have kept intouch online, but i may still have to sit on my own during the show, and just meet them afterwards. I have also met a couple of the cast members before, and i was going to have a drink with them and the people i have spoke to online after the show. One of the people i have kept intouch with is a parent of one of the cast members. The cast members are all around my age , i'm in my twenties. Do you think they'll think i'm sad going there on my own ?. I just don't see why i should have to miss out on it.I could wait and see if i have another opportunity to see it, but i know it's only on for a couple more months, and it isn't in any more areas near to whre i live after next week, although the show may be on again next year, but it's not definate yet. I have seen the show once before, but it's so good that i'd love to see it again. just to let you know, i'm not used to going out alone, although once, i did go to London on my own to see my favourite band, but i met up with some of the fans while i was there.

If I had a ticket, I'd go by myself. Sod it.
  • Options
    Yeah i agree, i mean why should anyone be bothered by what people think ?. You only live once lol. I'm not sure if i'll still hang out with everyone after the show, but i'll think about it.
  • Options
    I've been to a few things on my own. It's better going on your own than not at all.
  • Options
    Go on your own. If the show is any good you'll not care if you are on your own. At least you will be meeting people afterwards :)
  • Options
    go on your own definitely!
  • Options
    Definately go on your own - it's not as if you sit there talking to whoever has come with you during the show itself anyway!

Enjoy :)
  • Options
    Definatley go on your own, who cares if your on your own, you'l be seeing people after!

Have fun :)
  • Options
    I would go on my own, no problem.
  • Options
    Go on your own. Why shouldn't you :) If you want to go why shouldn't you just because you're on your own. I went to see Phantom of the Opera on my own. Proved quite handy as i moved to a better seat because there was only one of me (plus a knackered back at the time so they took pity on me) :thumb:
  • Options
    Go on your own, you'll regret it if you don't go
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure you wouldn't be the only to go by yourself