Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

the pill question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I made a silly mistake. I'm on Microgynon 30 and completely forgot to take my seven day break at the end of my last packet and went straight on to my new packet. I've already gone two days taking the pill on the new packet and have only just realised today because my period is obviously trying to happen.

Should I keep taking it and finish the packet or start my 7 day break now? I could ring up NHS Direct but I'm not sure. Trying to google it now but it all seems to be 'if you have missed a pill'. Thanks :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As far as I'm aware, it is perfectly ok to run two packs of pills together without taking a 7 day break in between - I've done it a couple of times in the past when I've been on holiday, and I didn't have any bleeding or spotting at all. It is only a release bleed rather than an actual period so as far as I know it should be fine for you to carry on until the end of the pack and then have your seven day break as normal after that.
    I would just keep taking it, and have your break as normal at the end of the new packet. Running packs together from time to time is no biggie.

You may or may not have a period, depending on your body - so don't worry if you miss it!
    ok thanks :) I thought that is what I might have to do. I think I'm having a break through bleed now then. Will remember about my 7 day break next time!
    oo thanks for that :) it is good in a way because i'm going away this week (hull! :D ) so wont be suffering on my period.. wahey