Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Arlene Philips to be appointed "dance tsar"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This story made me rage so hard.
"Arlene Phillips has been appointed the Government’s ‘dance tsar’ as part of a drive to tackle obesity and improve the nation’s fitness in the run-up to the 2012 Olympics.
Ms Phillips, who sparked an ageism row after she was sacked as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing, will be part of a ‘dance champions group’ aiming to get couch potatoes off the sofa and on their feet.
The Department of Health today confirmed the appointment of the 66-year-old, and added that she is to be joined by former stars of the show, including model Lisa Snowdon."

Earlier this year, South Ayrshire council had to close Girvan swimming pool due to lack of funds. If the government want to get people fit, that is where the money should be going, rather than wasting it on some celebrity quango.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Options
    The number of people that took/take up dancing because of Strictly come Dancing is way more than you think. My ex and her mother run a dance school, and seriously it had a noticeable effect.

Yes I did some dancing to and a couple of exams, keep going around the floor for a couple of circuits doing something even just mildly technical could be a good work out.
  • Options
    Strictly's had a big effect on people wanting to dance, I don't think it's such a retarded move. Clearly populist, but people aren't going to be persuaded to dance by David Milliband, are they?

Of course Arlene Phillips should have been severely punished for Britannia High, starring a size 10 girl who was "too fat" to dance. That programme made me want to kick things.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Strictly's had a big effect on people wanting to dance, I don't think it's such a retarded move. Clearly populist, but people aren't going to be persuaded to dance by David Milliband, are they?
    miliband-bananas.jpg

I suspect not.

Oh, the power of Google. Typing in "david miliband banana" into the search engine brings up 23,900 results.