Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

lifes so stressfull and dont know how to cope!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dont expect anyone to answer to this post i am just ranting because i dont know what else to do.

recently me and my boyfriend decided we needed to move into a new house with his mum and dad to cut our bills down because i lost my job and i am not able to claim jobseekers as they say i didnt pay enough tax into the system. And we dont get any help with are rent or bills or anything because they say my boyfriend earns too much..but cleary not seen as we have to move.

so anyway we found a house to move into but the landlord has been putting us off moving into it so we had to tell him we couldnt live there because has been puttin is off for a month. But because we told our landlord we was moving he now have to be out of our house by sunday and i dont know where we are going to store or things or live!..

we have family where some off the thinks are going to go and we ar able to stay in a relatives house but i dont know how to cope i feel so stressed and worrried about my boyfriend has he has become more withdrawn latley.

i have tried so hard to get a job but no one is getting back to me and i dont know where to turn!...i just want to crawl under a rock and not come out.

we also was meant to have a van to move us this weekend but now we dont because the person who was going to do it says they are unable to get a van now!!! lifes sooo crap

Comments

• Options
    Hey Hiddenxxsecrects :)

Sound's like things are pretty stressful for you at the moment.

Deciding to move, moving, claiming benefits, packing and stress all go hand in hand. There may be some information on the home, getting a job and the benefits and tax pages that may be able to help you at the moment. You could also post on the home, law and money or work boards too, not that your post is not welcome here, it is, but you may get some more responses from people in the same or similar boat as you right now, or even some advice from someone whose come out the other side.

You could also talk to someone at the Citizen's Advice Bureaux about your rights etc?

It's great that you have come here to rant, this is one coping mechanism that you can use. Have you also tried talking all this through with your boyfriend? Do you have or him have any other methods of support that you can access at this stressful time?

We wish you luck with the move, let us know how you get on. :wave:
  • Options
    thank you for the websites i will have a look at them.

i dont really want to talk to my boyfriend about it as he is stressed too and i dont want to put any more pressure on him.

no we dont have any other methods of support to access at this moment in time.
  • Options
    I don't quite understand what your question is.

JSA is paid depending on your income and your partner's income. If he's earning more than about £110 a week you won't get JSA. £100.95 per week is the minimum amount the law says you need to live on each week, and the first £10 per week he earns is ignored.

Housing benefit and council tax benefit is paid according to income, but the threshold is higher. You apply to the council for HB and CTB and you don't have to be getting JSA to claim HB and CTB.

If your partner's earnings are too high for any help throough HB and CTB then hisearnings aren't that low and you should be able to survive.

If he earns too much for HB/CTB and you can't survive, then you're either not budgeting properly, or you have other problems, such as debt problems. If you have debt problems, or if you want budgeting advice, you should call CCCS on 0800 138 1111 or Community Legal Advice on 0845 345 4345. You could also contact your local CAB, Halifax CAB are pretty good.
  • Options
    they said to me at the job centre i havnt paid enough into the tax system to college JSA.

We have been budgetting we only buy the food we need for the moneth we dont get sweets, crips etc just the basic we have been so skint we have had to go to peoples houses for dinner!!!!

yes we do have depts he has a loan from before he met me and we have a 500 pound bill to pay from our old place...thats no fault of our own we was waiting for n-power to give us our bill the whole time we living in our flat but they never sent it and now we live in the house we live in they sent us the bill!!!!.

He clearly doesnt earn enough because we dont have enough to live on!! bills have gone up we dont go out any where but to our families houses. i am unable to get a job and i dunno why i apply for loads.

What else are we supose to do??????????????
  • Options
    Make sure for future situations that you put money aside for bills, even if they dont come, then if you do get a suprise one again, you wont get caught out. Just because they are not sending you a bill, does not mean its free.

Have a look at things you could cut out. Do either of you drink or smoke, it might be tough but if you need to cut it out to survive, then you need to cut it out to survive.

The debt he had before he met you is a fault of his, not intended to be nasty, but he took it out. How much are the monthly repayments? If you eventually managed to get that clear, you could have a bit more spare per month?