Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i dont understand

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got into an argument today.

it started off about music, where he was saying my music is shit, and i said theres nothing wrong with it. it moved on to how i dont like going to clubs, and a previous discussion i had, where i said if a gir l came up to me and tried to kiss me, i probably wouldnt let her.

He suggested i was abnormal, and he began shouting (i kid you not) "18 year old virgin" to the rest of our college class.

Now firstly, im 19. secondly, they all looked at him like he was an idiot.

but thirdly, and this is my question, why is that something to use against me? the fact im 19 and havent had sex?

am i wrong? should i have gone out and slept with the first girl that would have me (as he did)?

and if i was right, in sticking to my principals, why am i so desperatly lonely and sad, and hes so happy?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because some childish, immature people think that the only way to distract attention from their own sad pathetic lives is to make as much noise as they can about something so trivial that people may not realise they are complete dickheads. And so usually it's the one thing that "could" upset the other person - their sex life i.e. being a virgin, gay or whatever
    Erm ... there's something wrong with the board 'cos it wasn't Justin that posted the last (AND THIS) message - it was me, TEAGHAN! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!
    Well, I don't know what happened there. Sorry Justin! :confused:
    Stick to your prinicples.
    So your 19 and a virgin? Thats you and like thousands of other people innit.

Just because he seems happy, dont assume its because hes having sex and your not. It probably has hardly nothing to do with that.

Wait and lose your viginity to someone special and you'll soon see whose happier :)
    agreed, don't feel under pressure know to lose it, you've waited this long, you can wait a bit longer!
    Re: i dont understand
    Originally posted by jamesyeahbaby
    and if i was right, in sticking to my principals, why am i so desperatly lonely and sad, and hes so happy?

Him being happy is nothing to do with his sex like. It is more to do with the type of personality he has and what makes him a person happy. Obviously embarrassing people makes him happy, he's a dick.

As for you, your lack of sex like isn't what is making you so unhappy. It's your weight. I think we ascertained this a few weeks ago. Don't feel under any pressure to do anything you don't feel ready for.

I think you know you were 100% right in sticking to your principles. He's the idiot and needs to grow up, you're mature and one day you will end up so much happier than he is, trust me, what goes around really does come around.
    Jeez, I thought lads grew out of doing that sort of thing in high school, obviously I was wrong. :rolleyes:
    The guy sounds like a complete moron. you weren't wrong, you shouldn't have just gone out and had sex with any old girl, this bloke is just a immature wanker :rolleyes:
    He is obviously a complete twat ignore him and stick to your principles Id much rather my bf valued sex as part of an intimate act of love between two peole rather than shagging anyone he could. I reccon a lot of virgin girls would be intimidated by his experience and prefer you Youd make them feel like the sex was something special rather than something they do with anyone
    I was just 19 when i finally lost my virvinity and i'm proud of it. I had many, many cases where i could have had full blown sex with girls but there was no real feeling of love or emotion towards them .that is untill I fell in love with this great girl,she fell in love with me,and one evening we made love for the first time.It was fantastic,and something WE shall never ever forget:)
    Good on you for being a virgin ! I'm 16 and piss scared of sex, and anything sexual, whereas most of my friends are not virgins...
    The fact that most of my friends aren't actually ready for the amount of emotional baggage attached to sex, worries me slightly, as they have sex- THEN realise they weren't ready for it, and end up finishing it with their b/fs.
    To me, this sounds rather pointless...I mean, why not wait, until you're old enough and strong enough to cope with everything that comes with sex, and enjoy it more as making love, than just a quick fumble around ?! makes more sense to me!
    So be proud of your principles......I am! I am a firm Believer in no sex b4 marriage -- so there ya go !
    TheShyGirlBeth xXx
    Maybe because, Beth, the reason most people are able to deal with sex when they get older is because they have the sexual experiences of their teen years to draw upon? The knowledge to not repeat their mistakes as they get older? So you'll get to marriage and find that, well, that's odd, you're still all screwed up. And then realise you're just x years behind all your friends who are having a bit of fun now.

Just a thought.
    im not an advocate of no sex before marriage. im just an advocate of knowing what your getting into. like you said, beth, alot of people have sex and THEN realise it was a mistake.

But in reply to the ABOVE post, i dont think people are able to deal with having sex when they are older stems from their experience. i think its a case of being more comfortable with yourself.

Mature people are able to deal with things MUCH more easily than immature people, because they understand themselves and the consequences of thier actions.

I personally wouldnt go out and "experience" things simply for the sake of experiencing them.

i dont condemn people for doing it the way they want to.

But they DO condemn me cause i dont want to sleep with someone im not interested in.