Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How do you get a council property...

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was being sarcastic (well, trying and clearly failing!), I would never bring a child into this world just because I wanted a house, I intend to wait till my 30s, get married and have the house etc.

Hopefully I'll find a job within an hours drive of family as a children's nurse but we'll never know what will happen in a years time - but I am at uni for a valid reason (not that I can afford it really).

It's just hard taking a step-back after having what will be three years of independence...
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Just can't bear to move back in with parents when I finish uni next year and it's highly unlikely I can afford to privately rent. It SUCKS!

Er sorry, why can't you afford to rent? Get a job!!!
    kangoo wrote: »
    Er sorry, why can't you afford to rent? Get a job!!!
    I WILL try when the time comes, chill out.
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    I WILL try when the time comes, chill out.

Lol ok sorry, just wondering why you couldn't afford to rent privately?
    It all depends on the demand for houses/flats at that time and also the area which you would like to live. You may get offered somewhere pretty quick but it will most probably be in quite a shit area :no:

We were quite lucky, my nan and grandad moved into our council house as soon as it was built (about 35 years ago) and then moved out after a year and my mum just took over and the council were fine with it :)

I'd look at your options when it comes to qualifying and see if it is possible for you to rent privatly, but if you are really struggling then don't feel bad if you have to move back home. I had to but does mean I have more money :thumb: