Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bike

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was thinking about getting a motorbike/ moped, if i can then hopefully a Lambretta :heart:

Just wondered what people's experiences are of motorbikes etc, and any useful advice on getting one, the gear i need, the information i need to know, would be much appreciated.

I am aware of the danger element, back in the day someone in my school passed away when on his moped... :(

i have a provisional license, but no job at the mo, due to personal circumstances i live at home and don't really get out much unless i get a lift or catch a bus (but the buses stop by 6pm around where i live and stuff like that so it's limiting..)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My experience of motorbikes is that people fall off them and die.

I'm not a fan of my other half having one at all.

It was only yesterday I was at an RTC involving a motorbike. Okay he didn't die but he was injured but I'm not their biggest fan either way.

You'll probably counter-argument that with people die in cars too which is what my partner always comes back with but a car offers a lot more protection than a bike.

Anyway just be careful if you get one :)