Home Health & Wellbeing
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Is it worth paying for organic foods?

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    Some whingey crap.
    GIVE US YOUR SODDING OPINION FOR ONCE THEN!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And just to help Mori's profits, I'll give mine. In terms of nutrition there's no difference, but organic stuff hasn't had synthetic chemicals sprayed all over it. That has to count for something. But most people only buy organic because it sounds good.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,214 Skive's The Limit
    Jesus, what's wrong with some of you?
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    personally, i can taste a difference between organic and non organic, but maybe thats jsut because i was brought up on the stuff. There is loads of evidence to prove that these pesticides have detrimental effect on us - even if its mild. But also from an ecological point of view it makes sense. Plus if it means that monsanto loose profits all the better!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Jesus, what's wrong with some of you?

    c0045208_09014845.jpg
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    c0045208_09014845.jpg
    This forum can attract all sorts
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    personally, i can taste a difference between organic and non organic, but maybe thats jsut because i was brought up on the stuff. There is loads of evidence to prove that these pesticides have detrimental effect on us - even if its mild
    I can't taste the difference either- then I haven't got much in the way of refined taste buds- food is food. Bet consumers feel they're not in control of what is used in food production, so buying organic products is one way to exercise choice and hence control
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,214 Skive's The Limit
    When it comes to veg there isn't goiing to be any noticable difference in taste. Anybody that says so is fooling themselves. Other variables such as soil and climate play a much bigger role in taste, to such an extent that you wouldn't be able to make a distinction. There' no 'organic taste'.

    Meat is a bit different. The way an animal is reared kept and what it is fed on can make quite a big difference, but again you'll only notice it in some instances. For instance curried chicken is going to taste liek curried chicken.

    The difference in quality is negligable, but you have the satisfaction of eating something good for you and good for the enviroment if you eat organic.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    When it comes to veg there isn't goiing to be any noticable difference in taste. Anybody that says so is fooling themselves. Other variables such as soil and climate play a much bigger role in taste, to such an extent that you wouldn't be able to make a distinction. There' no 'organic taste'.
    Sometime people with plenty of dosh buy organic food for snob appeal. Knowing it is 'better' produced and more costly, some as you say 'fool' themselves into believing the taste of organic food is much superior. Even if the taste is actually only slightly better, they will believe and say it's a lot tastier
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    YOUR SODDING OPINION

    NO THANKS
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    KiwiFruit wrote: »
    Sometime people with plenty of dosh buy organic food for snob appeal. Knowing it is 'better' produced and more costly, some as you say 'fool' themselves into believing the taste of organic food is much superior. Even if the taste is actually only slightly better, they will believe and say it's a lot tastier

    Who goes around talking about their food? Unless somebody is telling me that cherries are on sale 99cents a pound this week, can't say I've ever had anybody talk about their food with me... let alone be snobby about it.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,214 Skive's The Limit
    Who goes around talking about their food? Unless somebody is telling me that cherries are on sale 99cents a pound this week, can't say I've ever had anybody talk about their food with me... let alone be snobby about it.

    Food snobs are almost as numerous as music snobs.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who goes around talking about their food? Unless somebody is telling me that cherries are on sale 99cents a pound this week, can't say I've ever had anybody talk about their food with me... let alone be snobby about it.
    People who live in a proud family unit can be snobbish about their food. Haven't you heard about parents who buy 'value' brand foods that snobbish children won't eat. Sometimes family members at the dinner table like to be able to say what environmentally friendly produced food they're eating and this is organic label etc
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Skive wrote: »
    Food snobs are almost as numerous as music snobs.
    Everyone eats whilst only some bother with music
Sign In or Register to comment.