Home Politics & Debate

Woman attacked with bleach for asking kids to be quiet in cinema

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/8176348.stm

I hate to go all Daily Mail about this but seriously...why?!:confused: :eek2: :no: :banghead:
«13

Comments

  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Warming up? Posts: 16,688
    Because they only care about themselves, as was evidenced by how they were acting in the cinema. The same reason most crimes happen for.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing shocks me anymore. People just seem to have no morals or respect nowadays. It's disgusting and saddening.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because there are too many scumbags in Leeds, and we're not allowed to call them scumbags and treat them as such because that would be "racist". The police are rightly scared of that term, especially given the last time the police arrested some Asian thugs in West Yorkshire we had a week of rioting.

    That's not that all people from other races are mindless thugs, but it seems- especially in West Yorkshire- that all the mindless thugs are from other races. We see it in Bradford and Keighley all the bloody time, and it makes me so angry. It makes people believe what the BNP say.

    People convicted of violent offences should be permanently barred from accessing any type of state benefit, including an old age pension. Mummy losing her benefits will soon stop these pondlife doing this- and if it doesn't, at least we get to see them starve.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not all such people come from families that survive off benefits and live on council estates though. Some have decent parents who are tearing their hair out over their child that is just in with the wrong crowd and uncontrollable. A majority though, do fit the above stereotype, but not all.

    Hopefully these offenders will get what they deserve one day.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not all people who do this do come from scrounger families, but you rarely see middle-class well-educated children pouring bleach over someone in a cinema.

    If their parents can't cope with them then the kids should be removed and put in secure accommodation, only to be released when they can behave as human beings. If they don't manage it in five years, put them down.

    It's strange, really. If a dog attacked a person it'd be put down, even if it was acting on instinct, but people doing this won't, even if they know what they're doing. Such a shame, too. I don't see why I should work to keep cunts like this fed and watered. Let 'em starve.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    Not all people who do this do come from scrounger families, but you rarely see middle-class well-educated children pouring bleach over someone in a cinema.

    If their parents can't cope with them then the kids should be removed and put in secure accommodation, only to be released when they can behave as human beings. If they don't manage it in five years, put them down.

    It's strange, really. If a dog attacked a person it'd be put down, even if it was acting on instinct, but people doing this won't, even if they know what they're doing. Such a shame, too. I don't see why I should work to keep cunts like this fed and watered. Let 'em starve.

    It would be a much nicer place if such things were allowed. Unfortunately Human Right activists wouldn't be too happy, but then I doubt any of them have ever had bleach thrown at them or been at the receiving end of what some horrible people are capable of doing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That's the problem. To have human rights you must first act like a human, and secondly you must uphold your end of the bargain.

    Lets just hope when the police catch them that they 'accidentally' fall down a flight of stairs a few times.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Unfortunately Human Right activists

    OK; can we PLEASE stop throwing around spurious accusations about straw person 'Human Rights Activists'. I regularly get involved in Amnesty campaigns and NO ONE I know would defend these people or impede their swift prosecution and imprisonment.

    Seriously, Human Rights are damned important, and are core to achieving a decent society.

    What you are attacking is monolithic bueracracies and legislation, but please, please stop blaming everything on an abstract straw person of Human rights because every time you do that you undermine the legitimacy of a vital idea.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I apologise if I have offended you but I wasn't saying that such people would defend their actions or try prevent them from imprisonment, but more along the lines of for example such people preventing say a thief from having his hand cut off like they once used to do. Would HR activists kick up a fuss about that kind of thing?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Young impressionable "fat asian boy" of 14 years of age, what is he doing having bleach on him? He making bombs?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would HR activists kick up a fuss about that kind of thing?

    Yes, for several key reasons.

    1) As a blanket provision it is disproportionate to the crime.

    2) It is not a sanction that can be proportionally doled out, nor can it be reversed. It also undermines rehabilitation because you cannot 'rehabilitate' an amputee - they lose their hand forever, whereas a person who is stolen from may only lose something temporarily

    3) It is an example of cruelty. A decent society must uphold it's moral superiority by upholding rights even for those we do not like. Whether that balance is currently right or not is different issue - at the moment I do not think victim's rights and the rights of the public from freedom from wanton violence, harrassment and fear are balanced well enough, and actually sentencing needs to be looked at because it is not protecting people.

    What I would not do is sacrifice the fundamental principles of freedom from torture and cruel and unusual punishment.

    No power structure has ever granted itself anything it has not exercised to the full, and in many cases abused - just look at the anti-terror powers brought in - do you really want to trust the state with the right to forcibly amputate?

    Do you think they'd get it right every time?

    And if we know they won't, is the number of innocent people worth the extra brutality, which demeans society as well as harming the individual?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks for the reply. Nice to see it from your point of view which I can appreciate and can understand. It's just frustrating the lack of respect that some people have for others in society and continually take the piss with crimes that they commit over and over again.

    I can see mistakes may be made just like with death sentences but sometimes I do wish there was some form of rule, for example, if you are found guilty of burglary/theft a certain amount of times on one occasion you may have your hand cut off - I think that would be quite a good deterrent! But then of course there is your argument etc and it will never happen, but nothing seems to deter criminals nowadays.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with you and I'm sorry if I came back as a little flustered in my original post :blush: - you didn't offend me, it is just that Human Rights is a term abused so very much at present but is so very important - mostly in areas of the world we don't hear that much about.

    There is a growing feeling in this country, I think it is fair to say, that agrees with your frustration about it.

    My big question is 'where did this come from?' and why do we not see this in every society but just some?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who brings bleach to the cinema? And a waiting car? This sounds like some sort of planned attack.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who brings bleach to the cinema? And a waiting car? This sounds like some sort of planned attack.

    They didn't. They had all left the cinema. The family went to Frankie & Bennie's and the group came back with some bleach which they probably bought in the meantime, threw it over her and then ran back to the car that they came in.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Scum is too pleasant a term for filth like this. In an ideal world, all sorts of things would happen to them. In reality they'll plead about how bad their lives are, their parents will blame everyone else and they'll be released on suspended sentences.

    This country really is a shit hole sometimes.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Scum is too pleasant a term for filth like this. In an ideal world, all sorts of things would happen to them. In reality they'll plead about how bad their lives are, their parents will blame everyone else and they'll be released on suspended sentences.

    This country really is a shit hole sometimes.

    You must have pretty fucked up parents and upbringing to turn out like that though. I'm not blaming it on the parents, oh no, but people are always products of their environments.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They followed the family to the restaurant, shot off, and then managed to purchase some bleach, and then get back and find the woman again and bleach her.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If this was communist Russia, they'd be found face down in the Aire tomorrow.

    Absolute filth. As Kermit says, you only are entitled to Human Rights when you start acting like one.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    squeal wrote: »
    They didn't. They had all left the cinema. The family went to Frankie & Bennie's and the group came back with some bleach which they probably bought in the meantime, threw it over her and then ran back to the car that they came in.

    Ah, I should've actually read it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My big question is 'where did this come from?' and why do we not see this in every society but just some?

    It's been imported. It's only ever certain communities that have members who think this is appropriate- usually the immigrant communities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and west Africa.

    Most people from these communities are fine upstanding citizens, and in most areas they're no worse than anyone else. But in certain areas- like Nottingham, like West Yorkshire, like south London- things are going wrong. Why do we think this is?

    Personally I think the police are scared of clamping down on these people because of a fear of being branded racism. They're conscious that stopping someone because they're black is completely wrong, but it means that the knife-wielding youths don't get stopped either. Because of this, these youths are getting away with more and more things, to the stage now where it's considered acceptable to throw bleach over someone for asking them to shut up.

    The warnings signs are there if people want to act on them. These kids aren't attending school, and when they are they're behaving badly. Nip it in the bud early- send them to a correctional institution where they can learn how to be human beings.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Point 1) To be honest I'm not sure that just human rights activists would be shouting if the state kidnaps people, holds them in jail for five years and then tops them.

    Point 2) I always love when people mention Amnesty and Human Rights in the same sentence - Amnesty have about as much interest in human rights as the pope has in becoming an abortionist.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    It's been imported. It's only ever certain communities that have members who think this is appropriate- usually the immigrant communities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and west Africa.

    Most people from these communities are fine upstanding citizens, and in most areas they're no worse than anyone else. But in certain areas- like Nottingham, like West Yorkshire, like south London- things are going wrong. Why do we think this is?

    Personally I think the police are scared of clamping down on these people because of a fear of being branded racism. They're conscious that stopping someone because they're black is completely wrong, but it means that the knife-wielding youths don't get stopped either. Because of this, these youths are getting away with more and more things, to the stage now where it's considered acceptable to throw bleach over someone for asking them to shut up.

    The warnings signs are there if people want to act on them. These kids aren't attending school, and when they are they're behaving badly. Nip it in the bud early- send them to a correctional institution where they can learn how to be human beings.

    Hardly a race thing - one asian, one mixed race and one white. Actually sounds like an advert for diversity in gangland.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And one black lass too. It's not that diverse.

    Should these scrotes be executed? Probably not.
    Would anyone care if they were found battered to death in the Aire tomorrow morning? Probably not.

    It's not that I genuinely think that these people should be killed. I just don't see why I should have to work my arse off to keep them alive with state benefits. They behave like this to society, society tells them to go and starve. That's how it should be.

    People who break the law with violence or with fraud should have all benefit privileges permanently revoked. If they're on hospital waiting lists, they should be bumped to the back. They don't treat people with respect, they don't get any respect or help back. Seems fair to me.
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,170 Skive's The Limit
    Nothing really shocking.

    I've seen people attacked with amonia on a few occasions in town.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    And one black lass too. It's not that diverse.

    Missed her, but I don't know how you can suggest its not diverse - all they needed was a chinese and they'd have had full house
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    You must have pretty fucked up parents and upbringing to turn out like that though. I'm not blaming it on the parents, oh no, but people are always products of their environments.




    I've met a lot of families where the kids are out of control and the families "powerless" to do anything. It's suddenly our fault that mum can't control the kids.
    If they don't turn up at school, it's the schools fault for making them go.
    If they get arrested, the police should be out chasing real criminals.

    Britain has a vast underclass of people with no concept of right or wrong, as evidenced by stuff like this. And it's been created by the welfare state. Multiple generations of families that cant work, and won't work, because they have no incentive. They can get paid for sitting around on their arses all day. I've been involved in meetings with such families, they don't work and have no visible means of income. We're there because the kids are being neglected, no food, decent clothes e.t.c. Mum is stood outside in designer gear, smoking away like a chimney.

    Remove the suckling teat from these people when they misbehave and they'll soon realise they can't just act however the hell they want. Trouble is, nobody in power has the guts to.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Flashman
    Point 2) I always love when people mention Amnesty and Human Rights in the same sentence - Amnesty have about as much interest in human rights as the pope has in becoming an abortionist.

    OK so how'd you work this one out:confused: - this I've really gotta hear...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's been imported. It's only ever certain communities that have members who think this is appropriate- usually the immigrant communities from Pakistan, Bangladesh and west Africa.

    I was actually referring to the host society as well.

    He's most likely in far greater contact with this on a regular basis than I am, but in my own research work I came across precisely the same thing as he is talking about in caucasian English estates.

    I'm not saying that there are not cultural variations in attitudes to brutality which affect the level and type of violence, I'd just be a little careful of implying that it's all 'imported' from afar.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A friend of mine, a criminal law solicitor, made a good point to me: remove the welfare state from them and they'll just stab more people to get money. Not something I'd really considered, but at the same time if they do that you can sling them in prison for a very very long time.

    I don't think it is all imported from afar, but there seems to be real issues with certain members of certain immigrant communities seeming to think that they are above the law. I've seen it in my home town too many times, and when the police do try and do something about it we just have a riot. The 1996 and 2001 riots in Bradford were both as a result of police clamping down on thuggish scum in those communities. But it's only in certain places where this happens- Nottingham, south London, parts of industrial Lancashire and West Yorkshire really.
Sign In or Register to comment.