Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A good camera body for sports?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all,
any surgestions for a good camerabody for sports (eg skating and such)
preferable one that focuses fast and and can open its appeture very wide so i don't have to use flashes to much

I've got some good lenses for such, as of yet no fisheye, but that should be sorted soon

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Which system are your existing lenses for, that would narrow down the choice of camera?
    samsung atm, but thats a shared set of lenses with my dad
    and as i'm going to be going off to uni in about a year i'm looking to start getting/buying my own lenses so any decent sports camera suggestions plz
    For sports you would generally want long, fast lenses and a body that can handle continuous shooting for as many frames as possible.

Unfortanately such things tend to be expensive.
    well, i have a job and a fair bit of money saved up sooooooooo
    curly_boy wrote: »
    hey all,
    any surgestions for a good camerabody for sports (eg skating and such)
    preferable one that focuses fast and and can open its appeture very wide so i don't have to use flashes to much

I've got some good lenses for such, as of yet no fisheye, but that should be sorted soon

thanks

Not a body but a complete system don't get faster then this

http://www.highspeedcasio.com
    Well being a Canon fan I would have to say something like the 40D (or maybe a used 1ds mk2 if you can afford it) and a 300mm f2.8. The glass being more important than the body really. You need something with good reach and as fast as you can afford.