Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bouncers allowed to give on the spot fines?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Apparently so. Along with various other selected individuals.

And access police records to check whether you've got a criminal record. But if you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to hide. :banghead: Another erosion of our civil liberties by the Fourth Reich.

Comments

• Options
    There is no way I would EVER accept a police penalty notice from anyone other than a PC or PCSO.
    If a bouncer tried to fine me £80 for swearing then I'm afraid I'll be seeing them in court.

The only sort of fine I would ever accept off a council employee would be one for littering.

I wait to see how many accredited persons suddenly think they have the power to detain people who refuse details e.t.c. Where I work they already work beyond their remit and it pisses me off no end.
  • Options
    A legislative body willing to dole out arbitrary powers, and a private security force only too willing to take them on. Great times.

You're basically giving a sector with a whole bunch of crooks embedded in it the distinct impression that they have the powers of Police.