Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Difference between a health trainer and a fitness trainer

After years of being overweight and my last 3 years in particular elapsing with rapid weight-gain, I decieded to see my doctor about it. My blood sample came out negative to everything - no cholesterol, no diabetes. Unfortunately, not even a low thyroid which gives me a no excuse for be overweight. I've now been referred to a health trainer and I will be seeing her in 4 days time (29th July). Now I know what a fitness trainer is - someone who will work with you 1-2-1 at the gym and provide you with with workout regime to help you work towards your goal. My health trainer will be based at my local council. How will this differ, and what can I do to prepare myself for the visit?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No idea but i would hazard a guess

Fitness Trainer - Someone who teaches you exercise and how to get, well fit (as you said)

Health Trainer - Someone who teaches you how to be healthy. Cut down on booze, stop smoking, balanced diet, importance of fruit and veg, cutting back on fat etc. And maybe offering help or support from other services to say give up smoking.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd guess along the lines of RS.

Fitness trainer is the kind of person who will go round with you at the gym while you do the exercise etc, health trainer will teach you what you should be doing, go through your lifestyle, come up with a plan so you can improve the situation but then you'll have to go and do it, they won't come to the gym/park and shout at you to do the exercise.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I've got my meeting coming up this Wednesday, plus I've signed up for a year's membership at a gym near to my work.
  • Options
    zachary89 wrote: »
    That's the health care plan. But do the Democrats -- or but do the Republicans ... You know, we're talking about a deficit in this country of, .... people who could afford their own health care coverage.

This is a UK board.