Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Who want to object if C ronaldo win the World Best Player Of the Year Award next year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How C Ronaldo provide his team this year?Any footballer challenge his performance this year in the world.How good he is at the this type of age?How he build up this level?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cristiano Ronaldo's form is blistering,even though it's been faltering recently,but undoubtedly he's been the player of the year.The nearest competitor(and I'm using that term loosely here) should be Klas-Jan Huntelaar or Lionel Messi.Kaka's win was a fluke.To perform like he is at the age of 22 is phenomenal,since most players don't mature until they are 25 or so,even though that age is decreasing every season.

Thank for this answer from other board.
    I wont object if he is the best player in the world.
    Well we've still got 6 months of this year to go yet...

I think Ronaldo's win last year was well-deserved. No-one could get close to him and 40+ goals in one season is a phenomenal achievement in anyone's books.

However, I think that Messi will win it this year. Barcelona were rampant this year and the CL final showed just that. Personally I think Messi is not as good as people make out he is, but this award is always political and I think that Messi will get it this year.
    It has to go to a Barcelona player based on this season just gone. They were so far ahead of everyone else that it wasn't even funny. And since it has to go to a Barca player, it has to go to Messi, Iniesta or Xavi. I suppose you couldn't rule out Eto'o considering the number of goals he scored. I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't complain at a 1-2-3 of Barca players.

But Messi not as good as people make out? You can't make up statistics, and 38 goals and 18 assists from the wing is simply insane. And that CL final was an absolute masterclass from all of their creative players. As for Ronaldo, he deserved it last time, but this season just gone, he definitely took a step down from his form in 07/08.

But these individual awards are always BS anyway.
    Messi is the probably only the third best player in the Barca side, behind Iniesta and Daniel Alves. That's really not an insult against Messi, just proof of how good Iniesta really is.

I won't object if Ronaldo wins it this year, but he won't- he's spent all season giving the glad eye to Real rather than doing his job for the red cunts.
    Kermit wrote: »
    Messi is the probably only the third best player in the Barca side, behind Iniesta and Daniel Alves. That's really not an insult against Messi, just proof of how good Iniesta really is.

I won't object if Ronaldo wins it this year, but he won't- he's spent all season giving the glad eye to Real rather than doing his job for the red cunts.

The FIFA / EUFA awards are always a popularity contest and while Iniesta is probably a better player (don't agree with Dani Alves personally), Messi will get it, mark my words.

IWS, perhaps I'd like to see Messi using his right foot, just once :)
    I think he is immense, like look at his stats. But personally, i think his form isnt as good as last season, i think hes let himself go a bit, but i can see him winning again this year.
    The FIFA / EUFA awards are always a popularity contest and while Iniesta is probably a better player (don't agree with Dani Alves personally), Messi will get it, mark my words.

I don't expect anyone other than Messi to get it. He wouldn't be an unworthy winner, I just think Iniesta is probably the best player in the world at the moment. It always goes to the strikers though.

I'd love to see Fabregas in that Barca midfield, that's for certain.