Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A note of gratitude....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

Firstly I’m not really sure if this post is as an update or simply me just wanting to say thanks, but either way it’s something which I felt compelled to do.

As most of the regulars and moderators at the site.org will know, these last few months have been a bit of a rollercoaster for me. When I stumbled onto these boards back in April, I had pretty much given up on life. In the midst of a severe depressive episode, I was suffering with continuous thoughts of suicide, unable to eat, sleep or think and well was quite frankly a mess.

Since then and thanks largely down to support from the site.org, I have visited my GP, been prescribed antidepressants, and referred on to a gateway worker. Although I may not have seen the course of antidepressants through, I did keep to my appointments with the gateway worker.

I guess being able to offload some of the overwhelming thoughts that were consuming me was enough to help me regain some perspective as consequently I had my last appointment with the gateway worker last week.

So even though life is presently still hard, it is now once again beginning to become more bearable. Where I go from here is anyone’s guess, but at least now there is a small chink of light.

Thanks once again to all who replied and read my posts and to all the moderators at the site.org :thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No worries. Good luck with everything and keep posting if you can. :D
    I'm glad things are a little better for you. :thumb: :)
    Hey, well done you! I know it's really tough, but you've done really well *hugs*
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey girl_afraid, been meaning to reply to this for a couple of days. Just wanted to say I'm really glad you've stayed around on TheSite.org. :D
    Hey Girl-Afraid :wave:

It's really great to hear that things are more positive for you now, and that The Site's users and Moderators have contributed to that. But remember - you are the one who has made it happen. You have done the hard work. It is a real inspiration to others to know that light does start to appear at the end of the tunnel.

Keep posting and take care - :)
    I'm really pleased that things are starting to move in the right direction for you.

I think the most important thing is to take everything one day at a time and don't be too hard on yourself if you have a bad day or a bad week. It happens to all of us. The more you take it one day at a time, the more days that pass and the bigger that light at the end of the tunnel becomes.

I'm someone who's made the journey before- I make no secret of how mentally ill I really was- and if you ever need a bit of moral support just send me a PM.