Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nursing and stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My ex used to work as a healthcare assistant in a hospital and after a little while they offered him the opportunity to train to be a nurse by dong nvq's or something...and I was wondering if they still do this? Or do you need the degree?

I'm about to start a new job where you can gain nvq's in health and social care, so if the above training option is still available then these would come in handy?

Does anyone know what I'm going on about?

Comments

• Options
    I do know what you are going on about, I had thought about this as well as I was considering trying to go down the route to become an EMT (unfortunately I do not think I'm cut out for it).

I had a quick google and I hope that this site can help you:

http://www.acareerchange.co.uk/changing-career-becoming-nurse.html

good luck :-)
  • Options
    No they don't do this. You have to go to uni to do either the nursing diploma or degree. You can do NVQ's and BTEC's which are like pre-reg nursing courses. I think Enrolled Nurses used to do something similar to the NVQ training you mentioned but now alot of enrolled nurses are being pushed into going to uni and re-training, so to speak.