Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

baby blues.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
me and my husband to be :D..have been trying for a baby since january and nothing has happend yet...i am starting to get fustrated as nothing has happened...i look at the baby cloths and stuff and it upsets me i am unable to buy them!

does any one have any tips on how to increase my chance's of preganancey besides sex! i have that one covered ha.

i have been to my docs and all my hormones are ok. As the docoter said i am a healthy 20 year old so i should have no problem. Except i do!! not being able to get pregnant.

Is there anything else i can do??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not an expert but it can take people months. As you're 20 you've had ages left but obviously that doesn't stop your yearn for a baby. I'm sure someone will come along with some tips but all I'd say is be patient.
    Have sex every other day
    why every other day not every day??
    Stress and depression can affect fertility. You're both stressed and depressed. It will affect your fertility.

Sex every other day gives chance for the sperm to recover and increase the sperm count. However advice now is to have sex every day during your most fertile time, to increase your chances.

Even if you do everything right you only have about a 25% chance of conceiving in any given month, which is why people who get pregnant after a drunken night out are so unlucky.
    It took me 9 months of a very very active sex life to fall pregnant with my middle child. Its absolutely normal for it to take quite a while and it doesnt necessarily mean there is anything wrong with your fertility.
    That isnt to say the waiting to get pregnant is easy - I found it really hard.
    I hope it happens for you soon x
    It can take a while, my friend got pregnant fast with her 1st and took 9 months to get pregnant with her second.

There are some good websites that have woman in the same boat who are TTC, a good one is baby world. I know some woman have them fertility monitiors when it tells you your most fertile time - go and have a look and join, they are really friendly.
    why every other day not every day??

Because the sperm is meant to be better quality.
    I did the every day thing for 3/4 months and nothing, did it every 2/3 days the following month and fell pregnant with our second.
    I think its cold baths which get the sperm going more
    Not too cold, though. Sperm needs to be about 2C lower than the body for it to survive, if I remember rightly. That's why your scrotum's outside your body, and also why it contracts when it's cold and expands when it's hot. Have too cold a bath and the sperm dies; have too hot a bath and the same thing happens.

In the hot weather he's best off wearing cotton boxers, rather than briefs, to keep cool down there.
    thanx all for the advice i will take it into concideration :D x