Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Could you help tell young Russians about life in the UK?

Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
This is from a researcher at Oxford University...

Hi,

I am writing a book for Russian students and young people called Understanding Britain

I need some impressions of life as a student today and of the experience of being in work as a young person. So if you could answer any of these questions and email your answers to me (as an attachment or in the email message) with the header Understanding Britain this would be very helpful to me and to people who live on the other side of the world. (The book will be read in Siberia and other distant places.)

You can add as much as you like – background is useful. I won't mention your name, except, if you want it, in acknowledgements and thanks at the beginning.

Karen Hewitt <karen.hewitt@conted.ox.ac.uk>

Questions

(A) Being a student

(1) Why did you want to study for a degree? And where did you eventually do it?

(2) Was/is the teaching mostly in lectures or in small groups – or both?

(3) What did/do you think of your lecturers/teachers? What kind of relationship did/do you have with them.

(4) What was/is being a student like?

(5) What about exams? Do you think they helped you work more effectively? Did they give a fair judgement on what you could do?

(B) Being at work

(1) When you were looking for work, how did you go about it, and how many applications for jobs did you make?

(2) What work are you doing? Do you like it? Why?

(3) What can you remember about your first month or so at work?

(4) Do you have any ambitions to go along a particular path? If so, what are the attractions in doing so?