Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Perms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people!
Just wondering if any one out there can tell me the best products and hair care advice for permed hair??? V. much appreciated!
Thanks
xxxIn lovexxx:) :)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Perms
    Originally posted by xxxIn lovexxx
    Hey people!
    Just wondering if any one out there can tell me the best products and hair care advice for permed hair??? V. much appreciated!
    Thanks
    xxxIn lovexxx:) :)

Theres a pink conditioner that avon sell, cant remeber the name sorry, but it goes on damp hair & you leave it on. Makes your hair really soft.
    HTH
  • Options
    perms - urgh!

wet perms - double urgh urhg
  • Options
    arrrggggg

*remebers back when no matter what I did my hair looked like it was permed*

:eek:
  • Options
    I had my hair permed and it looked terrible. I used to put some volumising mouse from avon on it. That mader it loads better. :)
  • Options
    aaah! Buy a razor.

My mum talked me into getting one when I was about 13 telling me it would "give my hair a natural wave". Hah! A few weeks of torturous (and deserved) teasing later, I went to the hairdressers and got rid of it all, my hair was seriously short, but anything was better than the frizzy mess.

I have never seen a good perm. But I'm willing to concede that you could be the exception to the rule, so here you go:

A perm damages your hair badly, makes it really dry so ordinary conditioners won't do the job. You need to do a weekly hot oil treatment, and invest in one of the more expensive conditioning treatments. A shampoo for permed and damaged hair will do, I hear tthe pantene one is quite good, but I've enver used it.

Blowdry your hair gently on a low heat setting using a diffuser attachment, and like someone else said before me, use mouse.

There's probably a lot better hair products out since I had my perm-disaster, so I'd have a look round Boots.