Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dodgy phone bill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So i moved to orange about 2 months ago, 15 pounds a month, 100 minutes and unlimited texts.
I have a magic number to my boyfriend, so thats free. I do ring other people, but i always make sure i never go over my minutes. And i know for a fact i havnt in these last two months.
I know when they say "unlimited" its not actually "unlimited" but i know i dont texted enough to go over the thousands of texts that you get.

So my first bill was £28 quid, i was really shocked but i thought that "oh, its the first month, i might have ran up that bill while the contract was still setting up" (I did ring my boyfriend up for about an hour that night bfore my magic number was set up - so i thought that might have been it) Didn't think much of it, hid my bill in my room without looking at it, and so my mum couldnt find it.

My second bill comes through, £25 quid! Now after the last bill, i was extremely careful to keep tabs on my minutes (bearing in mind the magic numbers had been set up now) i knew i had about 30 minutes left before my new minutes, texts ect... for the month came through, so i was quite shocked. I went through my bill, and i found that i hadnt spent 8 quid (taking VAT off) and i jsut cant understand where its come from? so i tooka PROPER gander at my last bill (the 28 quid one) and i spent 5 pounds on something, which is i knew about, so taking VAT off it, theres another 8 quid unaccounted for, i really dont understad whats happening? The money is coming from my mums account, shes struggling with money atm and also my brother has a contract with them, (he hasnt had his first bill yet) and if its the same thing happeneing with his, my mum could be paying up to 50 quid a month for contracts, when really its suppoe to be 30.

Any ideas what i can do?

Has anyone else had this problem? i've talked to some of my mates and they have said the same thing...

Comments

• Options
    Any ideas what i can do?

Call customer services and ask them to explain it.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Call customer services and ask them to explain it.

I suppose that was the logical thing....but i've talked to some friends, and they have said te same things happened to them, they've called up orange and still nothings changed. If the same thing happens with me, is it possible to take it up further, with someone higher?
  • Options
    I suppose that was the logical thing....but i've talked to some friends, and they have said te same things happened to them, they've called up orange and still nothings changed. If the same thing happens with me, is it possible to take it up further, with someone higher?

There is a communications watchdog, but your first contact would still have to be with the company concerned.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    There is a communications watchdog, but your first contact would still have to be with the company concerned.

I know I have 2 of these in my name for my sis and a friend, they are always about £18 - £20 due to vat! When its higher it is actually coz they have gone over there minutes or sent picture messages! x
  • Options
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    I know I have 2 of these in my name for my sis and a friend, they are always about £18 - £20 due to vat! When its higher it is actually coz they have gone over there minutes or sent picture messages! x

the thing is, i know i cant go over my messages, and i proberly send about 2/3 picture messages per month :/
    I guess i will have to ring customer services, which takes forever...
  • Options
    Send them an email or something.
  • Options
    the thing is, i know i cant go over my messages, and i proberly send about 2/3 picture messages per month :/
    I guess i will have to ring customer services, which takes forever...

I rang them yesterday 3 times and it was quite quick if thats any help
  • Options
    You inadvertantly used the internet?
  • Options
    well i've been onto orange online, just to double check my bill and still, theres 8 pounds un-accounted for.....i dont know if thats what you ment?
  • Options
    Just try phoning them, it should get sorted out relatively quickly.

Also note 0845 numbers are not inclusive anymore, because phone companies are arsewipes.
  • Options
    8 pounds each month sounds like insurance.
  • Options
    Territt wrote: »
    8 pounds each month sounds like insurance.

Ah i never though about that, my mum was the on that ordered it as its on her bank account, i DID tell her to un-tick the box for the insurance, but shes got a memory like a bloody goldfish.

Is there anyway i could find out if it is? im sure it doesnt mention anything about it on the bill though...
  • Options
    Is there anyway i could find out if it is? im sure it doesnt mention anything about it on the bill though...

phone them up should sort it out quite quickly
  • Options
    i have attached my orange bill for one of the two accounts I have, if you go on to orange and view e-bill then click the tab details you should see the same and it will explain what ur billed for. I have circled in one colour ur line rental and another the internet x
  • Options
    your data charges are like 10, maybe your going over your 30mbs a month? very easy to do, i use nearly 500 just on my phone
  • Options
    Okay, so i think i will just post my bill, so its alot easier :)

http://i28.tinypic.com/2m5nlhf.jpg

(i dont know if thats clear enough, i jut forgot how to post a photo properly :blush:)
  • Options
    looks like £5 or £6 for data, £1.50 to have an itemised bill, £2.92 in call charges, which takes you from the £15 up to your £25. It looks like you've signed up to a service that gives you unlimited data usage which it doesn't sound like you need.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    looks like £5 or £6 for data, £1.50 to have an itemised bill, £2.92 in call charges, which takes you from the £15 up to your £25. It looks like you've signed up to a service that gives you unlimited data usage which it doesn't sound like you need.

yeah just phoen them up and tell them to remove it if u dnt use it x
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »

Orange are quite crafty with their internet - when you sign up with them, you usually get a month or two free internet - they should then send you a text saying if you want to cancel it, ring customer service, otherwise it will be X pounds per month.

Give em a call and ask them
  • Options
    my last orange phone bill was £376. I know I deffo havent used that much because i was away for two weeks any didn't set up roaming. oh dear :(