Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Feeling Alone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have recently split up with my long term girlfriend because i have issues with paranoia depression and self harm

my issues collectively have reduced my self esteem to a point byond non-exsistant, and i constantly feel alone,

i have lost all but 2 of my friends because of these issues and i find it hard to talk to people to try to make new friends, i constantly feel alone and unhappy even if im with people, and im sick of trying to hide it,

i want to get help but i dont know where/how to start

Comments

• Options
    Hi there TheFlameofHatred :wave:

Welcome to the site and well done for reaching out! There are lots of people here who will understand where you're coming from.

It sounds like you've been having a really hard time recently and lost some really important relationships and through all of this you've forgotten how important you are. What do you like doing to make you feel good? Are there any activities that you could join in to really boost your mood? Sometimes when you get stuck in a rut its an effort to get going but once out the door, things are often easier than you imagined.

Perhaps it would help to read up on self harm or depression? There's loads of info to check out on the site, or if you prefer to talk to someone how about trying the samaritans?

Whatever you get up to keep posting to let us know how you're getting along and take care:)
  • Options
    i dont really have many activities that i enjoy other than just being with friends but this is my problem the 2 people that have stuck by me are busy working and im alone, i try getting out but there is never many people around for me to talk to or hang around with.
    m trying to gather the courage to go to my doctor, but im scared of being put on AD's
  • Options
    Yeah that sounds tricky. Are you at college or working at the moment?

What are your concerns about antidepressants? Could you talk to your GP about them? Perhaps you'd prefer to try a talking therapy? There are lots to choose from to suit everyone.
  • Options
    cat_treats wrote: »
    Yeah that sounds tricky. Are you at college or working at the moment?

What are your concerns about antidepressants? Could you talk to your GP about them? Perhaps you'd prefer to try a talking therapy? There are lots to choose from to suit everyone.

finished college for the summer a few weeks ago, and im working my butt off to find a job but as of yet its been fruitless.

an old friend of mine when on AD's and got alot worse and im scared the same will happen to me.
    and im a bit scared to open up to my doctor because i dont like admitting i have a weakness. which seems stupid when its written down....
    i shall have a look at the link about talking treatment and see how that looks.
  • Options
    i used to be this upbeat happy go lucky guy, who was allways up for a laugh and going out to just chill with people
    i just want that back, because honestly i dont know how much longer i can cope feeling this shitty...
  • Options
    AD's have changed loads recently though, its all SSRI's now rather than the older hit-and-miss stuff. I think exercise is one of the most important factors in overcoming depression.
  • Options
    AD's have changed loads recently though, its all SSRI's now rather than the older hit-and-miss stuff. I think exercise is one of the most important factors in overcoming depression.

you mean jogging and stuff? or like team sports?
    jogging could be a good idea
  • Options
    Use your imagination. Think about everything that brings you joy. Imagine your dream career or dream life. It'll give you hope for tomorrow.