Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Landlord noise

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know where i stand as a tennant if my landlord is making to much noise doing building work at antisocial times such as after 6pm in the week, saturdays and most annoyingly sunday morning before 9am ?

Comments

• Options
    Heyy,

personally- if i were you, id look into the law on this matter... Making such noise is surely not alowed, and i can understand your feelings! Why not go down to your local police station and ask?
    Crying-angel x
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply i might just do that
  • Options
    I take it you've had a sensible discussion with your land lord first?

Before 9am on a Sunday sounds unreasonable, but it depends how far beyond 6pm it's happening as to whether that's beyond reasonable for working during the week.
  • Options
    Heyy,

personally- if i were you, id look into the law on this matter... Making such noise is surely not alowed, and i can understand your feelings! Why not go down to your local police station and ask?
    Crying-angel x

It's a CIVIL matter not CRIMINAL. It's your Local Authority that you need to contact and make aware of the situation as they have a duty to investigate the matter under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.