Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pamper me!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello all

I'm heading off on a city break on Wednesday and I have to the whole of tomorrow off work to get myself packed and ready. However, I've already done most of my packign and paperwork, so I've decided to spend the rest of the day pampering myself so I'm uber-chilled and purty by the time I leave.

What do you do when you want to really take care of yourself and look yummified? Fake tan? Scrubs? Waxes? Masages? Give me some ideas - otherwise I know I'll just run myself a bath and fall asleep with a book! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    Lucky you, sounds like a fab way to spend a day! If it was me I'd include a hair mask of some sort (you can buy them in sachets or make your own, have a look online for some ideas). Particularly good because you can leave it on for a long time if you've got a whole day to yourself. Wrap your hair in a warm towel or clingfilm to make sure it absorbs really well. Also a manicure and pedicure including foot scrub, deep moisturising treatment, I think you can actually get foot masks as well?? Definitely face mask, facial exfoliator, you could do a home sauna (fill your sink up with just-boiled water, add some essential oil if you like, then put your head over it with a towel over your head and steam your skin for five minutes or so). Ooh, and you could put cucumber slices or cooled tea bags on your eyes too while you've got the face mask on. For your body I'd go for a proper exfoliating treatment - Soap & Glory does a good one - and plenty of moisturising - I don't tend to use fake tan etc but go for it if you've got time. The one slight problem with all these skin treatments though is that I often find they cause a spot breakout a couple of days after as they bring all the nasty stuff out of your pores.

Enjoy, I'm very jealous!
  • Options
    Soak my feet in hot water with some lavender oil in it, then dry them moisturise and put them in fluffy socks :D
  • Options
    If I'm honest I prefer Huggies myself. I couldn't resist it.

:naughty:;)
  • Options
    AHL wrote: »
    If I'm honest I prefer Huggies myself. I couldn't resist it.

:naughty:;)

Kids nappies?:eek2:
  • Options
    S/he's *trying* to be funny :p Pamper(+s) and Huggies are both nappy brands.
  • Options
    pampering is work. Meet some friends at the seaside, chill out, drink cocktails you pre-mixed at home in a bottle and forget about stress.