Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Please help skin problems

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys,

iv been battling with my skin for years.

I have permanant redness in my cheeks and nose, not mental bright but noticeable. I am aware that this is slight roceasea, iv been to dermotologists millions of times.

Nothing has worked and its runing my life.

I also have quite greasy skin, which is a mental pain
I use facewash for oily skin, and oil free mostiser aswell.

i buy expensive products all the time but:no: ,

Can anyone recommend a routine or some products for my problems?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't help, but my skin is also really oily and I'd like some reccomendations of something to calm it down a bit! I swear I''ve tried everything! :(
    I use http://www.proactiv.co.uk/ and my skin is like silk. I had a random breakout a few years back and nothing helped it, I spent so much money on all different things :( But after only a couple uses I could tell how smooth my skin was and its been amazingly clear since. And the sulfer mask is to die for.
    Some people say it's not good for your skin, but since I started using baby wipes on my face once a day and again if I get hot or anything to clean it. Also if you have long hair try and keep it out of your face, even if you just clip it back whilst you're in the house.
    if you get redness, chances are you have sensitive skin. I too used to think i had oily skin, but after a skin consultation was told to use products for normal skin (as opposed to oily), only gentle products and if possible a serum.

Since then i have been using La Mer, the gel cleanser, the tonic (toner for normal skin) and the moisturising lotion. The redness went away after a few weeks of use and my skin never feels tight or itchy like it used to when i thought i had oily skin.
    I use http://www.proactiv.co.uk/ and my skin is like silk. I had a random breakout a few years back and nothing helped it, I spent so much money on all different things :( But after only a couple uses I could tell how smooth my skin was and its been amazingly clear since. And the sulfer mask is to die for.

That looks good - bit more pricy than the usual stuff I buy though! If it works then it'll be worth it!

Not sure whether I'd need the stuff for acne or not, I don't get many spots - just bazillions of blackheads and clogged pores - but my skin is soooooooooooo oily when I wake up in the morning. Hmm

Oh it's benzoyl peroxide - I use that stuff sometimes but doesn't seem to affect the oiliness much, just dries it out so it's dry and oily - wtf!
    I have rosacea which I have inherited from my mum.

I get it on my nose and whenever its windy or cold, or both, the redness comes up.

I get called rudolph at work!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I use suncream before I go out, which seems to help :)
    I have rosacea too and it's just something you have to learn to deal with. I have a lot of redness on my face, plus I'm really pale so it sucks! And my cheeks are permanently red, damn broken blood vessels. Just learn to work w it, use green concealer etc..
    Hi One and all

Right there are loads of things you can use on your skin, its all about finding the right products that are going to work for you.

I am no skin expert but I have had my fair share of problems with spots and acne/oily skin.

What people tend to do is look for the best available quick fix, once you choose a product you have to stick to it, its no good chopping and changing after a week because it just makes your skin even worse, also some products don't take effect until after 4 weeks.

First thing is you need to figure out a regime:
    -Cleanse
    -Tone
    -Mosturise
    Morning and night

Second look at your diets:
    -Plenty of water
    -Fresh fruit and Veg
    -stay away from fatty foods / Spicy food (these will make your skin even oilyier)

Third look at your lifestyle:
    -exercise regular
    -sleep is also vital
    -Change your pillow cases on a regular bases
    -Keep your hair short or tied back

Four look at your confidence/self esteem:
    -Any anxiety disorders
    -feeling of uneasyness or nervousness
    -confident in social situations

Any of these type of feelings can bring on a case of redness or blushing.

these are just some of the things I would look at and what I did. Thing is most people grow out of skin conditions depending on how old you are. For skin conditions that you can't grow out of there are ways of coping with it in a suitable way that can greatly make it better.

Hope it helps,