Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feedback for the European Commission

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey there :wave:

YouthNet has been asked by the European Commission to feedback on what the implications of the financial and economic crisis are on young people’s health.

We know that being unemployed, not being able to find a job or not having as much cash can be really stressful, but has the credit crunch affected your health in other ways?

Are you doing less exercise because you’ve cut your gym membership? Are you drinking less to save money? Are you getting more stressed out in your relationships?

We'd love to hear what you think :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i've been unemployed now for 8 months + have been actively trying to seek work. it is difficult but i can't think of any ways in which being unemployed and skint has affected my health seriously. not having money to go out with your friends and having nothing to do does make you feel quite low, some days i haven't got out of bed. i don't think this particularly has much to do with the current economic crisis though, it's just part of being on benefits and the assumptions people make when they know you're 'doley scum'
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was at that conference in the European Commision- was great!