Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

electricity usage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody think that £650 for electricity and gas usage over a period of 6 months for a house of 4/5 people is a stupid amount? Or does it sound possible?

There wasn't constant usage of light/gas etc, but there probably was a high usage. I'm not even sure if that is the correct amount as the housemate sorting out bills is not being forthcoming with information. I'm just curious as to what people think of it. It's in Leeds btw.

Comments

• Options
    Does anybody think that £650 for electricity and gas usage over a period of 6 months for a house of 4/5 people is a stupid amount? Or does it sound possible?

There wasn't constant usage of light/gas etc, but there probably was a high usage. I'm not even sure if that is the correct amount as the housemate sorting out bills is not being forthcoming with information. I'm just curious as to what people think of it. It's in Leeds btw.

Sounds fair enough to me.
  • Options
    okay- and if it was 400 over 3 months? Is that a little excessive?
  • Options
    okay- and if it was 400 over 3 months? Is that a little excessive?

Not really if there are four or five of you there. Assuming you've all got PCs/Laptops. Maybe TVs, stereos etc... Don't forget you have all those people cooking too. Lights on in every room, bla bla bla.
  • Options
    Soph001Soph001 Posts: 105 The Mix Convert
    Judging by this table of average annual gas&electricity bills it's about normal. But if you're concerned, isn't it legit to ask to see the bill?
  • Options
    Yeah, we have asked several times. Just checking it out, as one friend balked at the amount.
  • Options
    That sounds about right, in my 2nd year at uni i lived with 5 others and our bill for a term was around £450
  • Options
    My opinion is that it sounds fine, but I would demand to see the bill before handing over any cash. This kind of situation should be transparent.
  • Options
    Yeah, it sounds about right but everyone should see the bills anyway.
  • Options
    Well we had the meeting yesterday and she still didn't produce the bill- so the deposit has gone to cover the bills and she's not had a penny more from us. Her fault entirely if she's not going to produce the bills!
  • Options
    Well we had the meeting yesterday and she still didn't produce the bill- so the deposit has gone to cover the bills and she's not had a penny more from us. Her fault entirely if she's not going to produce the bills!

She sounds like an utter fuckwit.
  • Options
    She has major problems. And yes, is an utter fuckwit. But, it's all over and done with now, and we never have to see her again!
  • Options
    Okay, my thread is nothing compared to this! Should of seen this one first :p
  • Options
    yeah, sounds like your bill was okayish compared to this.