Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Self harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey this si my first time on the site. dunno wot im saying is actually relevant. iv been self harming for 2 weeks now. i dont go as far as drawing blood my pain thresh hold isnt that dtrong but scratching myself is helping me. my arm is sore and when they start to fade i feel i am losing what is part of me so i scratch again so its visible again/ although i dont let anyone see it id be so ashamed if i did. my boyfrend knows and i dont thnk he knows how to deal with it. its not fair on him. he saw my arm last nite. i forget bad things when im with him but when we ae apart i get really down and irritable. iv ran out of anti dpressants so am really ratty and on edge. if i odnt speak to someone soon am just gunna shut off from everyone. i cant stand it anymore

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey becky,
    You've come to the right place to chat to others about how you're feeling. I've just moved your post so you have your own thread that people can respond to. Hopefully people are more likely to reply this way...

:)
  • Options
    Hey maybe you should go back to your Dr's? :)
    Have you got any friends you could talk to?
  • Options
    hey this si my first time on the site. dunno wot im saying is actually relevant. iv been self harming for 2 weeks now. i dont go as far as drawing blood my pain thresh hold isnt that dtrong but scratching myself is helping me. my arm is sore and when they start to fade i feel i am losing what is part of me so i scratch again so its visible again/ although i dont let anyone see it id be so ashamed if i did. my boyfrend knows and i dont thnk he knows how to deal with it. its not fair on him. he saw my arm last nite. i forget bad things when im with him but when we ae apart i get really down and irritable. iv ran out of anti dpressants so am really ratty and on edge. if i odnt speak to someone soon am just gunna shut off from everyone. i cant stand it anymore

Babe i feel so sorry for you =[
    you should never ever go this far and halm urself
    no matter what ur going through
    Myself i wud get ur family and ur boyfriend together and explain what ur doing
    and hopefully that way they can talk to you about why you do it? how u started etc
    and if you ever wanan talk to anyone pm me
  • Options
    If you've run out of anti-depressants then you should go back to your doctor for a repeat prescription. The withdrawal effects from ADs can make your mood plummet fast and that's certainly not helping you.

You should go back to your GP and explain what you've told us.

You should only tell people when you feel comfortable with it. I know little minx is only trying to help, but telling your family and friends won't really make you feel better. My family found out and found it hard to understand why I did it.

You can stop but you need to take steps to have other coping mechanisms. You need to understand why you do it, what triggers you have. Talking to a counsellor or therapist can help you do this, ask your GP for a referral. And there's no shame in slipping and doing it again, the feelings of cutting can become addictive. It's an uncomfortable truth, but it does feel nice when you do it. It's no good for you though.
  • Options
    Hello beckywillis :wave:

Welcome to the site, you ve had some great reasponses already, its always good to talk with someone, although we understand it isnt easy.

You may not had chance to look at the sites on our self harm pages, there are great tips, stories and lots of support.

We hope this helps, keep posting we have a great community on the site
    Takecare :)