Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Best time of year to book?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
When would be the best time to book a holiday to Kenya for September 2010? By best I mean when is it going to be cheapest?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went in march this year with work and the flights were around £350ish - June/July/August are always expensive so i would avoid them. But if your going on some kind of organised tour - which is probably the easiest then pop down to the travel agents and look in a couple of brochures to see which dates are cheapest.
    Oh I mean when to actually book it, we know we want to go in Sept/Oct :D

We're going to try tomorrow as it's a big launch of new brochures
    Virgin currently have a flight sale on celebrating thier 25th anniversary so they might have some good deals.

Other than that either resonably far in advance or a couple of weeks before you want to go - though bear in mind that a couple of weeks before you want to go you might be able to get some good deals but you might not be able to go eactly where you want to.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    June/July/August are always expensive so i would avoid them. .

You wouldn't want to go then anyway. Not only will there be a shitton of tourists, it will also be COLD.
    Oh yes i'd forgotten that - freezign in July - it wasnt' even *that* warm when i went in April - mind you if your going to Mombassa then thats hot all year round but best avoiding the tourists if you can