Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Something to "trip balls" on

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm new here, and this is my first thread. :wave:

Let me start by saying that the only drugs I have ever done are marijuana and Salvia. Pot is something I do often, not "addicted" to it or anything, even though its not really possible. Salvia was just a one time thing but I want to do it more. Anyway, with the real reason for this post.

I know many people who have tried meth, speed, coke, etc etc. The drugs that I consider "hard". I've obviously never done any of these hard illegal drugs. But I've been wanting to find something that'll make me trip, but not harm me or possibly get me addicted. Maybe trip isn't the correct term.

Ultimately, I'm not afraid of any side effects, but things that have a bad come down don't sound good. And with that, my question is:

What drug(s) should I try to find a =good= trip?

Comments

• Options
    Yes cannabis can be addictive for some people.

Taking hallucinogenics is not something to be done lightly, especially something as strong as salvia.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Salvia, Ket and DMT can make you trip really hard but in my experience there not actually as enjoyable as LSD and Mushrooms. LSD however can wipe you out and leave your head a little heavy for a couple of days.

Some of the best 'tripping' I've ever done has come straight from MDMA.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

:yes: Same.

I reckon Mushrooms are the drug you're looking for though mate.
    MDMA too, but there is a come down. It's not as bad as people say it is....most of the time.
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »

MDMA by itself shouldn't really have any hallucinations, MDA on the other hand does definitely. I remember discussing with a chemist years ago now and they suggested that if you take a very large dose of MDMA it can get processed as MDA, I didnt understand the chemistry then and I wasnt convinced.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    MDMA by itself shouldn't really have any hallucinations, MDA on the other hand does definitely. I remember discussing with a chemist years ago now and they suggested that if you take a very large dose of MDMA it can get processed as MDA, I didnt understand the chemistry then and I wasnt convinced.

It's a different type of tripping, a genreal confusion rather than strong visuals. Still call it tripping though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah it aint like a shroom or acid trip - no intense visuals. It's about forgetting what the fuck is going on and where the fuck you are. Forgetting what you were talking about and just being in this wierd, fucked up place for a while, where shadows in the distance look like people moving...like creepy illustrations. There's more to it, but I think Skive sums it up best - confusion. But it's awesome, I love it.
  • Options
    Although I definately have had sort of blurred 'visuals' before from excessive amounts of pills...like in the dark, I think it was a mixture of shadows, my mind playing tricks on me and a chemical like MDA in the pills.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Although I definately have had sort of blurred 'visuals' before from excessive amounts of pills...like in the dark, I think it was a mixture of shadows, my mind playing tricks on me and a chemical like MDA in the pills.

I've had that before, could swear there were people dancing in the periphery of my vision. Everytime I turned to look at them they dissapeared.

Maddest trip ever was DOB, certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone though.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    I've had that before, could swear there were people dancing in the periphery of my vision. Everytime I turned to look at them they dissapeared.

I had a similar experience in a K hole once.... replace the dancing people with behind the stage in a tv studio. Again, everytime I turned to look, it all dissapeared.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

So I should probably shoot for shrooms then for my fantastic trip with little to none come down?

I've always wanted to try MDMA also... maybe I'll try both. Not at the same time of course :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Good MDMA gives you a brilliant rippy buzz....but if you want some proper hullicinagens try mushrooms and LSD...be careful though and do your research first! enjoy
  • Options
    got some seriously fucked up trips/hallucinations from ket recently (large doses)

just sniffin a killer line, get the tunes on, lie down and close eyes

i was expierencing some maaad shit
  • Options
    Try snorting a couple of fatty lines of K, then sit in front of a TV with the static on screen. It's AMAZING bruv, you start seeing like Nintendo characters and Lemmings running about over the screen.
  • Options
    what would happen if you did that before nintendo's?
  • Options
    With normal trips on mushrooms, acid, etc it's what I describe as painting on top of what's already there, but the canvas is the same. With a k-hole dose of ket or a breakthrough dose of salvia, DXM etc the whole perception of reality, space and time breaks down, which would probably be quite overwhelming to someone trying them for the first time. I recommend sticking to lower doses of most things at least until you have an idea of what to expect.
  • Options
    I recommend sticking to lower doses of most things at least until you have an idea of what to expect.

Good advice.
  • Options
    what would happen if you did that before nintendo's?

Maybe see Jesus? *shrugs*
  • Options
    With normal trips on mushrooms, acid, etc it's what I describe as painting on top of what's already there, but the canvas is the same.

Not if you do enough. :D

DMT is the maddest trip I ever had. Not altogether pleasant though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    A friend once gave me a line of 2Ci or 2Cb - cant remember which it was :rolleyes: That was trippy in the visual sense, everything went spangly disco twirly :D it was great....then it went away and that was that. Can't remember how long it lasted, a few hours tops but it was great. One major down side was snorting the line hurt like a bastard! eye watering!!

Mushies are probably the best though, for giggles, visuals, confusion. I *might* just try to acquire some liberty caps later this year.
  • Options
    I forgot about 2-CB. Definitely one for inexperienced trippers to avoid, as the dosage required is very low and easily messed up with bad consequences. I do love it though!
  • Options
    I forgot about 2-CB. Definitely one for inexperienced trippers to avoid, as the dosage required is very low and easily messed up with bad consequences. I do love it though!

2-CB is known for that though, at higher doses 'the fear' kicks in and it can be nasty for people who cant keep it together.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Maybe see Jesus? *shrugs*

or a tin of beans, riding a bycicle with no wheels and a cap on back to front.
  • Options
    2-CB is known for that though, at higher doses 'the fear' kicks in and it can be nasty for people who cant keep it together.
    An ex-flatmate of mine took three times the dosage recommended to him. He was up all night wailing in the corridor and afterwards he said there was a 'triangle man' following him round trying to kill him. It was the first hallucinogen he'd taken, and he didn't really have a clue about dealing with dark trips.
  • Options
    An ex-flatmate of mine took three times the dosage recommended to him. He was up all night wailing in the corridor and afterwards he said there was a 'triangle man' following him round trying to kill him. It was the first hallucinogen he'd taken, and he didn't really have a clue about dealing with dark trips.

thats pretty bad, its never a good idea to mess around without doing a bit of research first....

ive stayed away from lsd as the flashback thing kind of bugged me about it..... mushrooms ive found to be a good alternative, i also have tripped pretty well on pills(ecstasy as far as i know)

its all about the mindset before the trip imo...if you feel iffy about it then stay well away...its always good to be around people who have experience and know what to do if summat is going wrong....
  • Options
    VeeDubZ wrote: »
    ive stayed away from lsd as the flashback thing kind of bugged me about it.....

Did you get flashbacks or were you just concerned about them?
  • Options
    Did you get flashbacks or were you just concerned about them?

ive never had them before and was a bit concerned about them cus i know a few people who have had them....plus ive known with them that other drugs have induced them, so IMO wasnt worth the risk to me as i like a nice variety depending on situation...
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Try snorting a couple of fatty lines of K, then sit in front of a TV with the static on screen. It's AMAZING bruv, you start seeing like Nintendo characters and Lemmings running about over the screen.
    Oooh I've not tried that. Usually it's winamp and Milk Drop visualisation. May be one to try!