Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can/Do They Give Feedback?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
So I'm gutted.

I got my 2:1 but I suddenly feel like I don't deserve it anymore.

I got a shit grade for my dissertation. It's not shit, but it's massively disappointing.

I've honestly never tried so hard with anything in my entire life - my heart and soul is in that dissertation. And I got fuck all for it.

So what I was wondering was...
Can I get feedback for it? Is it possible to email someone and ask for a reason why they marked it so shit? Or can't that happen?

Or am I just being a tool cause I've already passed and I'll get my degree next month?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I would have definitely expected at least some feedback. Was there not a lecturer who was dealing with your dissertation who you could ask?
  • Options
    Dissertations are marked anonymously so I have no idea who marked it - and they had no idea who I was. Supposed to make it fair.

But godammit I want to know why they gave it the grade they did.

So d'you think I should maybe email the person at the head of my year?
  • Options
    Dissertations are marked anonymously so I have no idea who marked it - and they had no idea who I was. Supposed to make it fair.

But godammit I want to know why they gave it the grade they did.

So d'you think I should maybe email the person at the head of my year?

Well I think they should have given some feedback, especially if the mark is poor. I would expect that it's not entirely anonymous, either, so they would be able to find who did it.
  • Options
    Same, i think they've should've given feedback. Aslk if i were you, either your lecturer or head of department.

Oh, and welcome back, long time no see :)
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    At my uni they dont by standard but you can request it from your dissertation supervisor who will arrange it :)
  • Options
    You are entitled to ask for feedback for your dissertation.
  • Options
    Why do you feel you don't deserve it? My dissertation was appauling but I know I still deserved my 2.1. Exams, especially of the do or die type, show more about a persons academic talent imo.
  • Options
    Anyway yes you got a 2:1 because the balance of your work all things considered was up to that standard. Don't let a poor mark in your dissertation make you feel bad about the whole thing. You've presumably put in a few years of work that has exceeded that standard.