Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Getting to six flags magic mountain from Las Vegas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey guys

Im going to Las vegas earlier in the year but i want to have a fun day out at magic mountain. But how do i get there (without a car). I need a fairly comprehensive step by step account of this
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Arrghgghh i just wrote a fairly long and detailed reply but it all got lost - but basically your mad to even attemp it - its at least a 3 day trip as you have to get to LA on a bus stay over night get picked up by a tour company in the morning go to six flags - stay over night in a hotel again and then get another bus home on day 3. I managed to work all of this out by using google - so its not that hard. However all in all i dont' think that your looking at a cost of much under $300 - 400 per person.

I unless your staying in LV for two weeks and are feeling really rich then i would leave it and go to LA on a different holiday and then do all of the parks in one go.
    I thought I heard that 6 Flags went bust. Maybe I imagined it.

Why don't you just add some extra time in and stay in LA? It's a nice city, and it's not so tricky to get to a number of theme parks from there.
    Thier website seems to indicate that they are still open - however i also thought that there was more than one six flags - like the original was in LA but there are more - so i googled just six flags and got this website http://www.sixflags.com/national/index.aspx

It appears they might be in a bit of trouble and also that there are indeed lots of theme parks all over the states - I thought there was one in georgia and i was right. However none of the others are any easier to get to from Las Vegas.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    How about an internal flight? It's been a while since I've been so maybe the cost has gone up, but that used to be a really good option...
    You would still have the problem though that the tour company won't pick up from airport hotels so it would probably still turn into a 3 day trip - unless amazingly you arrive in las vegas and there is a tour company that offers it as a day trip which doesn't advertise online. Though you might be able to get a flight to burbank which is nearer to six flags *i think*

Though this is an alternative to a greyhound bus - they do transfers from Las Vegas to LA and vice versa and I think pick you up from your hotel/hostel http://www.greentortoise.com/adventure.travel.html

Looking at that website has remided me of how many amazing places there are in California - I want to go!