Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Favourite Alcohol Bevies

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote: »
    XXXX is awful stuff, absolutely awful.

XXXX Gold is, XXXX Bitter is good shit though.
    Being a Sydnesider, I can't bring myself to like anything that sponsors the Queensland origin side;)
    blue lagoon! :yum:
    Being a Sydnesider, I can't bring myself to like anything that sponsors the Queensland origin side;)

Ahh, bitter about the 4th consecutive origin win? And we haven't even played the final game in Brisbane yet. :D
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Ahh, bitter about the 4th consecutive origin win? And we haven't even played the final game in Brisbane yet. :D

I don't know what's happened, our Orig side have been shite for years. And now Sultana's gone tits up I can't even see the last game. Probably for the best really.

Still, the Sea Eagles grand final and world club wins eased the pain a bit:D
    Still, the Sea Eagles grand final and world club wins eased the pain a bit:D

You from Manly? So is my misses.

Many Sea Eagles are the parent club of the local league team here on the Sunshine Coast...also called the Sea Eagles. But the big NRL club everyone supports around here is the Bronco's as Birsbane is only an hour and a bit down the road, it's the nearest city.
    Tbh I don't really follow the NRL here, I only take an interest in the Origin games. Better than AFL though innit.
    Hoegaarden rocks :thumb:
    You from Manly? So is my misses.

Just down the road in St Leonards, to be exact. Born in the Royal North Shore.

I suppose technically I should support Norths, but they 'merged' with Manly and disappeared into the NSWRL a few years ago. Always preferred Manly though.
    considering i cannot hold my drink very well these days i'm getting into long mellow drinks...learning the art of enjoying the drink and drinking for pleasure of the drink not to get smashed...

Thatcher's Katy rose is lovely, disarrono and coke, big mojitos, hot chocolate and coquantro (sp?) is lovely, i'm getting to be quite a cider expert going and spending my weekends in gloucestershire - wytchwood green goblin is another goody! limoncello and coke is my usual down at the union bar...

I do like cocktails, and i'm gonna attempt to make some new ones on holiday
    i cannot hold my drink very well these days

I can't either, unless I don't eat beforehand.:confused:
    Asahi (Japanese) and Budvar Budweiser (Czech Republic - the original Budwesier).

Asahi is actually brewed in the Czech Republic, bet you didn't know that :p I think the Japanese theme is a marketing thing!

I usually stick to vodka and orange, gets me drunk but not horridly drunk. I avoid drinking wine out cos that DOES get me horridly drunk :o I cannot drink tequila, just the smell of it makes me want to heave after too many cheap shots and making myself ill on it when I was younger.

At home I like wine: either any old rose or sauvignon blanc :cool:
    I have always been a Jack and coke fan or a nice cool bottle of Ernst and Julio Gallo Rose but recently have really got into Gin and Tonic's! Definately the drink of the summer for me :)
    sneer wrote: »
    Asahi is actually brewed in the Czech Republic, bet you didn't know that :p I think the Japanese theme is a marketing thing!

I just think it's made under licence for cost reasons. It is originally Japanese. Asahi and Budvar are both owned by Interbrew, as far as I remember.

Fosters in the UK is made by Scottish & Newcastle under licence, it's not imported from Australia. It's why Fosters tastes different in Australia.
    i'll drink practically anything, as long as it's alcoholic.
    i've recently really got into drinking beer..and i used to hate it. can't say no to cider either, the really cheap white stuff haha.

i'm all for gin slings on a night out :)
    Fosters in the UK is made by Scottish & Newcastle under licence, it's not imported from Australia. It's why Fosters tastes different in Australia.

Also why Fosters actually tastes a hell of alot better in the UK than Australia. It's a very popular beer in the UK, marketed as 'very Austraaalian'. In Australia, the beer is a joke.
    Melian wrote: »
    I can't either, unless I don't eat beforehand.:confused:
    well unfortunatly for me its my medication that makes me throw up violently if i have more than 4 drinks...i have to drink very slowly as well. On the plus side i get tipsy and giggley more than i used to, which my boyfriend finds very ammusing...
    I am not a big drinker, never have been and have never been drunk ( not through lack of trying when I was younger) Now I drink to enjoy the taste and have come to enjoy single malts :)