Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Favourite Alcohol Bevies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Beer has to be one of my favourites....lager in particular. But what do you guys drink when you're at a club and in the mood to get fucked up fast? Beer is awesome, but it's good for an all afternoon sesh in the pub with the boys and watching football. It's not what I drink whilst dancing like a monkey on crack in a club.

An all rounder has got to be Vodka... Vodka Red Bulls were MY drink, it's all I ever drank whilst out... then I drank too much of the red bull in Thailand and now the shit makes me feel ill, haven't touched it in like a year. But still, Vodka is a firm favourite....Vodka and coke, Vodka and OJ... the possibilities are endless. Not bad to shot either.

My new favourite however, is Bundaberg rum. It's an Australian rum from the state of Queensland and it's fucking heaven! I've never been a fan of rum, but this stuff is the nuts. Very different taste from Bacardi and all that dark Navy rum shit, much sweeter.

Sambucca is perfect for the shots... the stuff always makes me cringe but fuck it's better than Tequilla!

And how I could forget Jagermeister?? :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I pretty much just drink Vodka, Lime and Soda water before going out and while I am out. Normally with a few sours, Jagerbombs thrown in! Can't stand Sambuca or Tequila though :sour: :yuck:

Passoa is really nice too, on it's own or with Lemonade!

If I am a bit poor I will drink Lambrini at a push (though reminds me of being 13 and drinking it on the park, ha!)

I like Kopperberg but only have one or two it makes me feel dead bloated otherwise. Plus prefer the non-alcoholic kind better :blush:

But if I am pissed enough I will drink pretty much anything anyone hands me!
  • Options
    Well, Beer, d'oh.

I like some wine, once in a while. In Austria there are some kind of 'pubs' (in the farthest sense) called Heurigen, which serve mostly their wine (they are usually winegrower/maker themselves, so you only find them on the rural parts) and a bit of typical 'austrian' food. Sometimes, when you don't feel like going out bigtime, it's nice to just meet up there with a friend have a little bit to eat and one or two carafes of wine. It leaves you with a comfortable wine buzz and it's a good time had.

On liquor related stuff I like stuff with fruits mostly. Sometimes I make alcoholic smoothies for parties. They are grand. Same goes for cocktails with fruits. I like other cocktails too, however.

I kinda had too much of the vodka+cola/OJ/red bull stuff and can't really see it anymore, same goes for tequila and cheap rums. I'm really not an elitist but I found I enjoy more expensive vodkas and rums much more. Recently a friend brought a very expensive rum from the carribeans and that was as if God made a party in your mouth and everyone was invited.

I like vodka fruitjuices (with the exception of orange) and the occasional shot. Amaretto, Jägermeister, etc.
  • Options
    I drink beer on occasion but its mostly either Malibu or Jack Daniels.

I can drink vodka, but only while its mixed and doesn't taste very strong... brings back too many bad memories.

Wine makes me ill so only very small quantities at a time.

Cocktails are great! My fav is a White Russian, i know you're meant to sip it but i could down it all in one go :yum:

And of course i love a shot Jager, Apple Sours etc. I dont know whats wrong with you lot, Sambucca and Tequila rule!!
  • Options
    My favourite is vodka lime and lemonade...so yummy, its dead refreshing. I like vodka and redbulls too but i can only drink two otherwise the redbull sends me loopy and i cannot stop talking, hehe. I like cocktails too. mmmm i want a drink now please!
  • Options
    Jack Daniels and Coke, Carling and Stella are my faves.
  • Options
    I rarely drink but i love strongbow cider :)

mixed with carling its nice too :D
  • Options
    I love cider, pretty much anything from Tesco's own dry cider, to scrumpy jack, kopperburg, single variety ciders etc.
    I also <3 Bundy rum, it's wicked in a daiquiri, with lime juice and a bit of sugar syrup, YUM!
    I like fruit based cocktails, and a bit of rose wine also, but i'd like to try more drinks from around the world :D
  • Options
    I don't really have a nominated drink, but I <3 Southern Comfort and Coke.
    Also was up Friday night drinking Sailor Jerry's which I've developed a taste for.

If I'm beering it up, has to be proper ale; Black Sheep, Bishops Finger, Old Peculiar, etc :)

TBH I don't usually like getting totally off it unless I'm with people I know well / trust not to go mental because I'm usually fairly useless once I get too far gone and need help ;)
  • Options
    :O I forgot about Southern Comfort! :yum:
  • Options
    Love, love, love Vodka, mainly with OJ unless its Vanilla Stoli in which case it goes with diet coke.

Partial to the odd cider, but prefer the smaller lesser known compaies then the mass manfactued strongbow-esq stuff.

Dont mind the odd Jagerbull, even though I hate Red Bull or Jagermaster on their own.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Magners, Thatchers dry

Stella, Charlie Export.

Gin&Tonic

Rioja and new world whites.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Rarely drink anymore but i just can't say no to a Cherry B :D

Very occassional glass of wine or a Stella.
  • Options
    archers and lemonade because i'm a big pansy
  • Options
    larger / strongbow

and for shorts or getting pissed at home

vodka lemonade / dark rum coke
  • Options
    I like Archers and lemonade too.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I like Archers and lemonade too.

we should go out drinking!
  • Options
    i've been getting back into my drinking a bit recently so been on a few good sessions.

i've notice i tend to play it..

12pm till 8pm pints of lager
    8pm till 10pm maybe a cheeky fiver bottle of rose if there is some on offer backed up with a couple of jagers.
    10pm onwards... jager and redbull or gin and tonic..

i love gin and tonic
  • Options
    Beer beer and more beer.

Used to drink Stella but it always sends me crazy so stick to Carlsberg now.

Don't drink vodka or spirits really unless I'm fucked and buy all sorts of shots.

Haven't drank Buckfast in over a year now. :angel:
  • Options
    Shot - Tequila
    Mixer - Vodka
    Bottle - Cider
    Draught - Blonde Beer
    Cocktail - Mojito
  • Options
    I forgot about Southern Comfort...and I'm also quite a big fan of Gin & Tonic's, but only when I'm in the mood.

When it comes to beer...Chang if they have it, otherwise Stella or Hofbrau Extra Cold.
  • Options
    Snakebite is lovely I think its like blackcurrant squash, cidar and lemonade? I can't remember but its very nice

I also love vodka and lemonade with strawberry flavour stuff yum :)
  • Options
    Snakebite is lager, cider and a wee bit of Blackcurrent.

Spent way too much dolla on Bundy rum and coke's last night. :eek2:
  • Options
    Technically snakebite is only half cider/half lager, you want snakebite and black for the cordial too. It's called diesel round these parts.

I don't drink to get drunk, so generally I stick to beer or cider. Real ale and real cider if I can get it, but I like the Belgian and German lagers too. Don't tend to go for spirits unless I'm having them in a coffee, but I could happily drink Southern Comfort and lemonade all night long.

Bundy rum is lovely, but I don't get on with rum. In Oz, there's nothing better than an ice cold stubby of VB on a hot summer's day. I even still have my VB stubby cooler knocking about somewhere, must try and find it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Real ale and real cider if I can get it, but I like the Belgian and German lagers too.

Oooh yes, I'm a big fan of Belgian and German beers - Leffe brun, German Dunkelbier and wheat beer are all particularly lovely....

I'm also very partial to red wine, particularly Rioja. And vodka/rum/whisky and coke or other mixers :yes:
  • Options
    Quite like Rattler Cider. Bulmers is nice too.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    but I like the Belgian and German lagers too. Don't tend to go for spirits unless I'm having them in a coffee

Bundy rum is lovely, but I don't get on with rum. In Oz, there's nothing better than an ice cold stubby of VB on a hot summer's day. I even still have my VB stubby cooler knocking about somewhere, must try and find it.

HATE, hate, hate Hoegaarden. Despise the stuff. Love Bavarian wheat beers though, and other German lagers.... Paulaner Munchen, Hoffbrau (which is actually the standard lager in our local back home for some reason) and also Austrian beers which I can't remember the name's of. I think Koniger Pilsner was one?

Yes Bundy rum is the shit. I hate any other rum, but this stuff I could drink for breakfast.
    VB isn't my favourite beer, I prefer Tooheys Extra Dry and Carlton Draught. Also, as a temporary Queenslander, I have to mention XXXX Bitter, cos Gold tastes like piss. (In Australia, they call lagers 'bitters' sometimes).

P.S A couple of other beers that I forgot... Oranjeboom (Dutch) and Asahi (Japanese) and Budvar Budweiser (Czech Republic - the original Budwesier). Don't mind a pint of Fosters though, it tastes much better in the UK than here in Aus.
  • Options
    Snakey B's (avec black) and jagerbombs if im skint, or (properly made) mojitos if im feeling flush. On an average night out though i tend to pick either lager or cider and just stick to that (for a while)
  • Options
    Lager and stout. I like black Russians but they make me alienate all my female friends.
  • Options
    Oh black russians are good. When I'm out my favorite drink is the one on special so captain and coke usually. I think the bartender was trying to tell me something this weekend, though, cuz he kept asking if I had a regular or diet :p

Perhaps a huricane is a favorite... I don't really have one, though. I'll just go with what other people are drinking because I cannot make a decision for myself. It is all good anyhow ;)
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    HATE, hate, hate Hoegaarden. Despise the stuff.

VB isn't my favourite beer, I prefer Tooheys Extra Dry and Carlton Draught. Also, as a temporary Queenslander, I have to mention XXXX Bitter, cos Gold tastes like piss.

Hoegaarden is horrible but most other wheat beers are enjoyable. I quite like the light wheat beers, normally 1-2% alcohol but I can't tell the difference.

I quite like Carlton but VB is the shiz for me. XXXX is awful stuff, absolutely awful.