Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ever use Frank?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just leaving this in Anything Goes, rather than Drugs to get as wide a response as possible.

As part of the work we do on TheSite.org we do some work with the Department of Health (around content and that kind of thing) - and they were really interested to hear any feedback we, or you, had about Frank.

So have you ever used Frank, the website, the helpine, any of the services? What did you think?

Feel free to be as open as you're comfortable with, I'm sure any feedback would help.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh and if you have any feedback you'd not be comfortable making public feel free to send it in a private message or email and it will be treated in confidence.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    A friend of mine was wondering about the effects of taking ecstacy for the first time, so he called Frank, instead of giving him advice and letting him know what he was going to experience, they instead went with a "You shouldn't do drugs, they are very bad for you" approach.

TRES HELPFUL FRANK. -.-
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    A friend of mine was wondering about the effects of taking ecstacy for the first time, so he called Frank, instead of giving him advice and letting him know what he was going to experience, they instead went with a "You shouldn't do drugs, they are very bad for you" approach.
    Drugs-Are-Bad-Magnet-C11755341.jpeg

Whilst doing some research into drug use a few years ago, I decided to have a look at what they were saying. Frank appears to be nothing more than a government propaganda service. If attempting to scare people off drugs worked, the whole thing would have been wound down years ago.
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I should have used that picture. Damn you and your clever wit, sir.
    I've looked at the site.

As has already been said, it's very much just government propaganda laid out to expose the message 'drugs are bad'.
    Just scroll down and have a look at the titles for the real life stories on this page - http://www.talktofrank.com/article.aspx?id=244 - says it all really.

I also remember finding a couple of incorrect facts when I was looking over the site before.

Spouting crap about drugs to kids never helps the matter when they find out they were lied too.
    Well what do expect really? The government isn't suddenly going to start advocating casual drug use.
    I talk to Frank all the time. And he talks to me. I can hear him now!!
    What about the effects of water flouridation? Pesticides? Intensive chemical fertilizers? Prescription anti-depressants? TV? I think the government and Frank should have a long talk and figure out why no-one believes a word they say! YOUR TIME IS UP. :P
    When the site first went up there were so many mistakes it was laughable, it was overseen by Ms. Caroline Flint at the time and I wrote to her requesting she 'consider her position' - sadly she chose not to.
    Frank's been blasting his oh-so-unbiased opinions into my ears via Spotify recently. Frank truly is a shit.
    Frank's been blasting his oh-so-unbiased opinions into my ears via Spotify recently. Frank truly is a shit.

The information on there now isnt that bad anymore, well not for a government site anyway. Its certainly improved a lot, but that isnt saying much.