Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who can relate to me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm extremely depressed, and have attempted suicide in the past.
Evidently, i'm too much of a coward to see it through, or do it with enough power for it to be affective, but to be quite honest - i feel like a dead woman walking anyway, although my physical body is still here, my soul is lost. It used to feel like mental torture, now there isn't really anything left to abuse- just emptiness.

I'm sorry for such a pessimistic message guys, but I don't want to talk to anyone I know about it, and the title of this thread seemed to a be relative.

Many thanks,
Jane.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Jane,
    I've just moved your post to create a new thread so you can get support for yourself and it doesn't stop the OP continuing to get support in their thread. :)

I'm really pleased you've posted because this is a great place to get non-judgemental support from people who don't know the ins and outs of your situation.

It sounds like you're really struggling at the moment and it might be good to share with us why you think you might have got to this point...

You might also find it helps to read TheSite.org's article on understanding depression.

Remember there's no need to apologise to us, we're here to listen and offer support :)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :wave:

You might not want to but... the best advice i have is maybe going to see your GP. Yeah it is scary, i wont lie but its worth it. I've been through a similar situation and it took me about a year to go see my GP. I took a friend and it made the waiting easier coz GP's can really take their time! ;)

But yeah, i just wanted to say i can relate, you're not alone! :)