Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Deadmaus "I Remember" video

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't care much for the song but it's on all the time in my gym. Has anyone else noticed a misspelling on the video? In the "story" there's a guy talking and within the subtitles when he says "you're" it's spelled "your". This kind of thing really annoys me! And i can't believe it slipped through the net and is being broadcast a hundred times a day on various music channels!

Rant over. That was really nit-picky but surely I cannot be the only one that this sort of thing irritates?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aye I nearly had a heart attack over that one. Not like it used to be in the old days is it?
    I know i said "rant over" in my last post but...

The good old days being when people learned how to spell at school? Not at all is it like the good old days.

If its not your/you're I see it's the they're/their/there scenario everywhere too, and when people use apostrophes for plurals eg "fish and chip's". Chip's what? Who's Chip? It's one thing to make mistakes and MISS OUT apostrophes when you're writing or texting or typing quickly but why why why add them in where they are not needed? Honestly business owners, are you paying monkeys to make your signs?

Or should that be "to make you're sign's"?

Urgh. I feel sick.
    Urgh. I feel sick.

There are probably more important things to get upset over :p
    Yeah i know but they are way more stressful and i only have enough energy for this...
    Yeah i know but they are way more stressful and i only have enough energy for this...

:confused: :eek2: :yeees:
    your energy is obviously meandering down an effluent tube, turn the tap to positive vibes in the least of stimuli, pouring from the sky and breaking out in a rainbow of glee for you and i.......... sha la BOO YA (chill the beans lak...easy on the irrelevant shit lak)
    Have you seen the 9 minute long video, fucking farce. The music doesnt start until 5 minutes in!
    Wow's yous reali gett anoied wen pple spel tings rong? surly u ave wors tings in live tan speling errers?
    Nothing beats listening to the full 10-minute version of "I Remember" without a useless video to accompany it.

Although personally, I'm surprised that "Move For Me" - the other collaboration between Kaskade and deadmau5 from last year - didn't receive a wider release in the UK. But I digress and plug.
    I have to say, this reminds me of a incident at work, a lady phoned up one day and complained to me that an article in the news paper ABOUT us had a spelling error, it was a full page spread several hundred words and the word tell had slipped through as "tel" so what? it happens spelling errors do happen, ok so they might not be as acceptable professonaly eg in movies or books, but it happens thats life, not worth moaning about, however on say a message board like this one, its acceptable not everyone can be good at spelling, I am crap, Good at maths, science, I.T and law but spelling I am pure shit at, do i care, nae.
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Good at maths, science, It and law but spelling I am pure shit at, do i care, nae.

:thumb:
    yeah, I just noticed the it mistake, should be I.T.
    i wasnt being pedantic lol i was applauding your attitude :p
    Oh right, Thanks :) I don't see why everyone has to have a go about grammar every second of the day, My boss at work is the same, the local ferry company complained that 1 in 20 forms has a car name/model spelt wrong, he asked if it could still be read when they said yes he told them to fuck off,
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I find gammar nazi's infinately more irratating than those who make mistakes.
    Weekender Offender 
    I know i said "rant over" in my last post but...

The good old days being when people learned how to spell at school? Not at all is it like the good old days.

If its not your/you're I see it's the they're/their/there scenario everywhere too, and when people use apostrophes for plurals eg "fish and chip's". Chip's what? Who's Chip? It's one thing to make mistakes and MISS OUT apostrophes when you're writing or texting or typing quickly but why why why add them in where they are not needed? Honestly business owners, are you paying monkeys to make your signs?

Or should that be "to make you're sign's"?

Urgh. I feel sick.

I doth agree, I'm Mary Whitehouse's da for fuck sakes's's! Up da palindromes!

Skive-yet again, voice of sense! :thumb:
    It isn't difficult to learn how to use "your" and "you're" in the correct places - it looks lazy and unprofessional.
    Skive wrote: »
    deffo, especally when they make grammar/spelling mistakes in posts themselves.

Woooooooah, Grammar, specially your and you'are is not easy, especially for people with dylexia they can find it difficult to tell the difference etc,
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    It isn't difficult to learn how to use "your" and "you're" in the correct places - it looks lazy and unprofessional.

But in a informal context, who the fuck cares?
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »

:D :thumb:

I totally agree