Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What did I do wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

Revising with a friend today. We had agreed to revise today although no set time. I got a call at 10am asking if I was still coming as they were already working, I said yea be about an hour. Arrived at about 11, they said we should go get some lunch as they were hungry so we did, although they got a bit mardy and started asking me what was wrong - I said headache - they were making a massive deal out of it though like "why wont you tell me whats wrong?!?!?!". I was confused at this point, and a little stressed out at the third degree plus the headache.

Anyway, we had lunch tho they didn't really have anything because they didn't want anything from there :confused: came back to revise some more and did revision for about an hour and a half and they had to make a trip to the library. Came back and said it was too hot in the room we're revising in, they were going to go home.. but weren't sure. I said it was up to them, they said they were just fed up because they came onto campus to revise and I was annoyed with them (wth???) and it was too hot and I had barely spoken to them, and then looked like she wanted me to say 'ok.. I'll walk you home' or something like that I don't know and I just said if she wanted to go home because she felt unwell because of the heat she should.

She asked me what I was doing for the rest of the day and I said revising hopefully. After about 2 minutes of this not really getting anywhere she eventually said 'well, goodbye then.' and I looked up and they were crying. And with that, they left.

I've obviously done something wrong but I have no idea what it is :confused::confused:. I've got my first exam on tuesday so really do need to be revising and I don't need any amateur dramatics, but I don't know. It made no sense to me at all. Is revising when you arrange to revise together a bad thing? Instead am I supposed to be flirting with them or cuddling them or something?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to make this real short: I really don't know what the hell, and if I don't know what the hell I'm going to find out (of course not StrubbleS-me, because I am not involved, but ShyBoy-me), and I will do that by having a heart-to-heart with that person a day or two later.
    Were you being strange with her? It seems like she is overly-sensitive at the moment..maybe she likes you!
    God man, are you insane?!? You never, ever, revise one on one with a girl – the crazy illogical being will fry your brain at the best of times. :p

She kinda fancied you and was waiting for you to make a move. It was just the two of you right, you should have been ‘all up in her face about getting in her knickers’, or at least showing her some ‘love’.
    Did you compliment her at all? Did you keep eye contact and wasn’t checking out her goods?

I take it you’d rather keep the relationship as just friends?

The only thing you did wrong was not thinking with your dick, like she expected you to. Shame on her!

She got upset because she didn’t get the outcome she wanted. Sadly, if you want your friendship to remain, you are going to have to take the blame for it. Take it on chin, make a joke of you being silly/unwell and move on.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It does seem kind of a surreal behaviour, but I think maybe she was hoping or actually thought that revising was just an excuse?
    Harmless wrote: »
    I take it you’d rather keep the relationship as just friends?

I'd rather not fail my exam on tuesday :(
    What's your history with this girl? Have the pair of you made kissy-faces in the past? If not, then ask her what was up, dude.
    It's possible she was premenstrual, feeling crap and emotional (with possibly some personal problem) and wanted you to notice she was feeling crap so she could off-load. By keeping asking you how you were, she was giving you your cue to ask her how she was. Possibly.
    And yes, the thing that was wrong could well have been that she has feelings for you and you weren't responding.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    hmm...I think she likes you hun. Sounds like it to me.

Although why she was crying I am unsure, but sounds like she has a crush
    Go give her a hug
    then the antidote. :)
    Bunnie wrote: »
    hmm...I think she likes you hun. Sounds like it to me.

:yes:
    First reason springs to mind..

Your revising so hard and really want your exam while she is struggling to do revising properly and thinks she may fail her exams..

Just a thought, but it sounds to fit in with this situation.